Friday, January 20, 2017

10 Random Facts About Myself

I saw Jenny's post linking up to Erin and even though the link up is over, I thought it'd be fun to join in anyway!


{1}

I CANNOT stand nail files. I do not use them and I hate when people around me use them. Even the sound makes me cringe! I will spend forever shaping my nails with clippers until they are perfect so that I don't have to use one of those.

{2}

If I could re-do college and my career choice, I would have studied mechanical engineering and become an astronaut. It was a childhood dream and it just hasn't gone away. But I'm not going back to school at this point! My accounting degree is just fine!

{3}

I often feel like Kevin and I are crazy. We don't know a single family that started foster/adopt like we did (young, no kids, BAM! older kids overnight). We do have friends that have older adopted kids, but they were younger when they came to them or they had biological kids before fostering/adopting. I wonder if we're the crazy ones for doing it the way we have.

{4}

I have a lot of anxiety - especially since starting foster care. I've gotten to where I drink decaf coffee because the caffeine in regular coffee just puts me over the edge.

{5}

I cannot sleep in PJ pants! I hate it. I love wearing them around the house but I HAVE to sleep in shorts, no matter how cold it is. PJ pants get all bunched up and drive me bonkers!

{6}

I'm often mistaken as my kids' sister. While I take it as a compliment that I look young, it makes me feel like they think I'm too young to have kids (or older kids). Had I gotten pregnant at age 16, I could absolutely have children the age of ours.

{7}

I'm in a weird place right now. I feel overwhelmed with life (hence, not posting in this blog) yet I can't figure out what to change. We go to support groups, go to counseling, have date nights, started working part time (though I'm working full-time during busy season right now), spend time with Jesus, yet, I still don't feel calm. We're praying about what to do because we know that something still need to change. Foster care is harder than anything you could possibly imagine (unless you've done it) because not only is it physically exhausting, it is one emotional roller coaster ride EVERY SINGLE DAY. Hard topics such as rape, drugs, abuse, mental illness and abandonment are on my mind every day.

{8}

Lularoe leggings are the most comfortable pieces of clothing I've ever worn. Though I wish retail was a little cheaper than it is, I keep buying Lularoe items because of the darn comfort!

{9}

I'm LOVING my new Spiralizer! I've made noodles with zucchini and the whole family loves it! Does anyone have any good Spiralizer recipes they want to share with me?

{10}

The hubs and I are going to Seattle in a couple months for a conference/getaway and I get to see Tiffany!! I'm super pumped about it! 


Have a fabulous weekend!!!! XOXO

9 comments:

  1. My husband is the same way with nail files - he has to go in the other room if I file a nail LOL! I keep my zoodle recipes super easy and we add turkey meat and some sauce and have it like pasta! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! It was fun to learn some new things about you and to know how best I can be praying for you too! Much love to you, sweet friend! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my hero. I love you and your husband's heart for what you're doing. I'll pray for whatever is missing to reveal itself... but you are absolutely 100% my hero. I LOVE what you have done and I have mad respect for it. I'm with you on the nail file! Seattle is going to be amazing! Love that you're going to go together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our spiralizer but we make super simple recipes with it. So excited to see you soon! And look into some of the oils for anxiety. One of my girlfriends started taking meds for hers but I wish I could get her to use oils instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and your anxiety. I can't imagine all that your mind and heart are trying to sort through. But God has you in his hands. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you posted! I should look into a spiralizer... they sound fun! And I'm so excited you guys get to head up to Seattle! I'll be praying for you about your anxiety. I go through seasons like that and it's not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I'm still trying to figure out how to use a nail file properly, but I can totally see how the noise would be irritating. I can't even begin to imagine how challenging foster care is, especially with older kids for the reasons you mentioned, but I am so continually inspired by how much you are balancing. Keeping you in my prayers in hopes that your anxiety will subside and you'll continue to find ways to feel less overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I'm right there with you on the whole nail file thing. It just makes my skin crawl lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!