Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday | Playing a little catch up

And I'm back! Today is What's Up Wednesday and I thought it'd be a fun way to kind of catch up since I haven't had much time to blog about life.

Linking up with Shay, Shaeffer and Mel.



What we're eating this week...

I have THREE crockpot meals on the rotation this week! 



What I'm reminiscing about...


Breakfast with L at The Egg and I bright and early on a Saturday morning! It was good foster mom/foster son bonding time. He was a super excited about the menu!

What I'm loving...

My hubby and his sweet heart. Our third anniversary was last week and I came home to flowers, wine and a card. Perfection.



What we've been up to...

Hiking at Enchanted Rock!


What I'm dreading...

All of the political talk. I'm so ready for it to be over.


What I'm working on...


Perfecting my cauliflower crust pizza. I made Tiffany's recipe and it was delicious, but I haven't quite gotten the crust to be perfectly crisp quite yet!

What I'm excited about...

Christmas shopping for the kids! I've never had so many people to purchase Christmas presents for, but I'm excited about it! I totally feel like my mom.


What I'm watching/reading...

We've started three new shows and I'm loving them! All very different, but equally entertaining.




What I'm listening to...

I'm listening to the audiobook of the 5th book in The Selection series.


What I'm wearing...


My new booties I bought during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, especially with this outfit (ugh...sorry the photo is blurry)!

And Kevin's stylin' his new JORD watch...



What I'm doing this weekend...

I'm taking L to a concert this weekend so that should be fun! Then we'll pick up the hubs from the airport and get the kids' Halloween costumes finalized.

What I'm looking forward to next month...

Thanksgiving!!! I'm pumped to celebrate it with the kids'. I know it'll be a hard time for them since they're not with their families, but I'm glad they have a family to celebrate it with this year, rather than in a shelter.

Bonus question:

What is your favorite Halloween memory/tradition?

When I was a cheerleader and my sister was a clown (creeeeeepy)! Haha!


I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Halloween! This will be my first one to take kids trick-or-treating and I'm excited! We've already made a deal to trade candy for a fun toy so they don't sugar it up! Wish me luck!





17 comments:

  1. Love the booties... super cute! I'm excited for you guys to make some fun memories with the kids through out the holidays. And late Happy Anniversary to you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that outfit and those booties!! I am definitely ready for all of the political talk to be over with and off my FB timeline. We LOVE Designated Survivor and This Is Us, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3 year anniversary!! That is so sweet of your hubby (: I've heard such good things about designated survivor! I might have to start watch it. I am with you on all the political stuff. SOOOOO over it! Happy Wednesday <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!! Those booties are to die for!! So so cute! Holiday's are always so much more exciting with family, the bigger the family the better. I am sure they will love being with you and Kevin also! P.s. I totally want to try making that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Us! Yes!!! Can't believe you have been married 3 years. I can't wait to hear more about Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Us is awesome. Love that Kendra necklace. Wine and flowers-- yes please!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so nice of your husband! I need to get a crockpot soon. The orange chicken looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man all those crock pot meals sound so good!! I'm loving all the fall shows too - but I can't handle how many good ones there are LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I'm slowly but surely catching up with everybody's lives. Loved catching up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm 100% ready for the election to be over... I think. I'm so excited for you all to have your first Christmas with your kiddos!!! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun post friend! Hope you had a great day celebrating your anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see your posts pop up! I looove your new booties & your entire outfit! The pizza looks so good- you can't even tell it's cauliflower crust from the photo. That's one thing I want to try making but haven't been brave enough yet. Happy third anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful spot to hike to !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for Crock Pot meals! I'm all about them right now! Sorry I'm so behind on commenting. Life is just ridiculous right now. And I'm so glad the election is over... Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!