Monday, March 21, 2016

Life Lately

So....

It's been a month since I've posted.

On February 26th, we got 3 kids.

Yep - that's right.  Three foster children came to live with us and to say it's been crazy is an understatement.  I have been stretched to limits that I honestly expected, but man oh man, ones that are wearing me out!  It's been a little bit of every emotion.  We love having them, but it's also been very exhausting.  Imagine bringing home a new baby and dealing with all of the changes and adapting you would have to do - now times that by three, but really like 1,000 because they're ages 10, 11 and 16 and have a history being parented in a way that you would not have parented.  Ha!

It's been everything we expected - even the hard stuff.  We truly feel God's confirmation about it and that brings such a peace.  He has us where He wants us with the kids He wants with us now.

I SO wish that I could post all of my fun photos of the activities we've done, but legally, I can't.  I'll post what I can!

The weekend they came, we got to know them and had to make a few runs to the store.  They came with NOTHING so we had to get them clothes to last at least a couple days.  After that, friends and a local organization helped us out with getting some more outfits.  That was crazy!  They all wear adult sizes so building a wardrobe for 3 adult-sized kids was expensive!

We got the kids enrolled in school which took 5 hours.  We have one in elementary, one in middle school and one in high school.

We went to the rodeo that weekend only to find out that the rodeo part was over, but we got to enjoy the fair.  The kids had a blast!


We've made Oreo balls together...


Played many many board games...


Kevin and I finally got a night alone when my friend offered to come over and babysit.  We went to see the movie, Risen and enjoyed dinner - peacefully.  Then we got pie at the grocery store....haha.


The first week, I was pretty good about getting my Bible study done, but then fell off the wagon.  I'm just always SO TIRED.  Even if I get 8 hours of sleep, it's not quality sleep.  My emotions keep me up!

But these mornings are nice...Bible study/adult coloring, blackberries, tea and essential oils.


I've decided to take a leave from work.  I need some time to transition.  If a mom to a new baby needs it, I DEFINITELY need it.  This past week was my first week, but it was Spring Break so I was busy with the kids each day.  We had many appointments and did some fun stuff too!

We swam in the river, went to my parents' house, watched movies and played games.  We also went hiking...


The 16 year old and I got pedicures...


We made green pancakes on St. Patty's Day...


We went to a preseason Rangers game...


It truly has been awesome!  God is so good and so faithful.  It definitely hasn't been all butterflies and roses.  I've cried A LOT, had to take this break from work and now I'm sick.  My immune system has taken a beating.  I so wish I could talk about more of the details, but you get the drift.  Nothing can prepare you for the emotions that come with foster care, not even having bio kids, but it's worth it.  I always appreciate your prayers and encouragement! 

Hopefully I'll be back to blogging a little bit more now that I'll have some time to breathe.

XOXO

Kelli



12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - you guys are doing so much great stuff with them, but I'm sure the time at home with you is really what they love! I hope this continues for you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how exhausted, blessed, worried, and at times broken hearted you must be. We also transitioned from two to five overnight. It's hard. Remember to take breaks. I know it's not easy to fit them in, but it's definitley a must. Also, stay in God's word! I know this is also hard, I too am always exhausted. However, I fell off the wagon with my reading for a while and I paid for it. There are challenges that only God has answers for and the strength needed for this has to come from Him. Be blessed and know that you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so much has happened, and I can't express how much I love that you have opened up your home to these kiddos. Sorry to hear you've been so run down, and hope you feel better soon *hugs* <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even imagine all of the emotions that you guys are going through. But I praise you and you hubby for doing such an amazing job! I have been praying for you all daily. Now I will ask him to help you get more rest! LOL.... Take care sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much going on for you guys! Those three kids are sure lucky to have the two of you watching over them. I hope you're able to have some time for yourself this week now that spring break is over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing such a great job! You are amazing and a complete inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It sounds like you guys have done a lot already this month. I hope you get to feeling better soon! That view from your table is gorgeous, especially with the potted plants. What a great place to spend your mornings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even imagine all of the emotions you must be going through with not one but three kids that are such a wide range of ages! It sounds like y'all are getting to do lots of fun things together, but also making such a wonderful impact in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing. The world needs more people like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been thinking about you guys and praying for you! It looks like you guys have been able to do so many fun things together & I'm glad you've had so much support from friends & that you got in a much deserved date night with Kevin. I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!