Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, my friends!

I'm using today's 5 on Friday to catch up a bit on happenings around our house.  Since G left, we've done some random stuff!

{ONE}




We went to Enchanted Rock State Park with my dad and his girlfriend last weekend.  It was beautiful weather!  The perfect day for a hike!


{TWO}


Kevin and I didn't do much for Valentine's Day, but I did make him some brownies in my heart-shaped cake pan!  He loved it!


{THREE}




This week was my sister's and my bro-in-law's birthdays.  We had the family over and grilled pizzas! It was my other sister's great idea!  We set up a bar of pizza toppings and everyone made their own.  Then we grilled each pizza on the grill....perfection!


{FOUR}


I've been LOVING the Sacred Holidays Women's Lent Study that I've been doing.  God has been speaking to me through it every morning!  You can still join in by purchasing the digital version.  Let me know if cost is an issue and I'll get you a code!


{FIVE}



Since Kevin has Fridays off, he's smoking a brisket for us today!  I can't wait to get home for dinner!  I never realized how much prep goes into it!

I hope you have a great weekend!  XOXO

Linking up with KarliErikaAmanda and April!




THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

21 comments:

  1. Ooooh enjoy that smokes brisket! That brownie looked SUPER delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brownie is so cute!! #nailedit!!!! I've been wanting to try pizzas on the grill!! That looks so tasty!! Enjoy that brisket - they are SO MUCH WORK!! My dad made one of the best but what a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So uh, what time should I be there for some of that smoked brisket... ;) Happy Friday friend XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm, all that food looks delicious! But that brisket sounds especially good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me a good brisket! I bet it's going to be delicious, so jealous. Haha! The brownie is so cute too!
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your pictures! SO fun that you went to enchanted rock. I have only been once, but loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grilled pizzas are so much fun to make with a group like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pizzas look awesome! Enjoy tonight's dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a wonderful weekend chica! God's has slowly but surely been chipping away at my hard, little heart through this Lent season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of that food... Yum! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your study. Isn't it so nice to have a study that you are just loving and can gain so much from.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard grilled pizza is amazing but I've never had it. That brownie looks delish!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok I'm officially hungry and need that oreo bundt cake in my life! That hike looked like so much fun, and yay for a smoked brisket today! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm. All your food looks so good! Love the brownie idea. So cute! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grilled pizza!?! I want to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That state park looks beautiful!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hold the phone, you can grill pizza?! Why did I not know this? Hope your brisquit was good!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've lived in Texas my whole life and I still haven't been to Enchanted Rock! I need to get there soon I know! That brisket looks fantastic! I alway remember that my dad would spend all day cooking a brisket and it was always delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pizza bar sounds amazing!! I love that you guys did that! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of that food looks so good! Oreo cake— YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow so many good eats!! I want a brownie shaped heart like that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So yeah, I want a heart shaped cake pan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!