Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

Happy Hump Day, my friends! My week is going pretty well and I hope that yours is too!  Foster Update: we're still waiting to receive kiddos.  I jump every time my phone rings!  The anticipation is killing me!

But just because these kinds of posts are fun...



What we're eating this week...

So far I've made Jambalaya and I'm planning on making this chicken enchilada casserole tomorrow!  Looks delicious!


What I'm reminiscing about...

That time I was little and caught a big, nasty fish.


What I'm loving...

The beautiful weather we've had lately in the Texas Hill Country!  I've been hiking two weekends in a row!




What we've been up to...

Hiking (see above), getting the house totally ready for children, working and playing with our cute pups.


What I'm dreading...

I really can't think of anything that I'm dreading right now.  Does stepping on the scale next, count?!

What I'm working on...

A necklace holder to go above my vanity!  I started with an old cork board, painted the edges white and am looking for fabric to cover it with.  Then I'm going to paint my little pushpins a better color and hang my necklaces on them!

Similar-ish to this...


What I'm excited about...

My new vanity!!  Things are going to change a little once I make my necklace holder, but here it is for now.


What I'm watching/reading...

I'm reading The Connected Child by Karen Purvis which is probably the most highly recommended book for foster/adopt parents.   I'm loving it!




What I'm listening to...

OBSESSED with I Am They!  It really pumps me up in the morning on my way to work!  I might be driving with my hands in the air at times while listening to it.  Love praising Jesus through this music!


What I'm wearing...

My new magenta Kendra Scott Alex earrings...A LOT.


What I'm doing this weekend...

I haven't been making plans lately in hopes of us getting kiddos any day!  BUT, if we don't (or maybe even if we do), we may go hiking at Enchanted Rock this Saturday.


What I'm looking forward to next month..

Getting some foster kids!  I hope that when I'm typing this time next month, we have kids in the house!

What else is new...

God is good!  Ok, that's not new because He is good all the time...but just sayin'.


BONUS QUESTION!

What's your favorite Valentine's Day treat?

Well, I don't know about what I've had in the past, but this year, I want some little heart cookies with this super cute frosting using Lisa's Valentine's Day frosting tutorial!  Aren't they cute?!



Linking up with Shay, Mel and Sheaffer!




14 comments:

  1. So jealous of the gorgeous weather you guys are having and that you're out and about so much! Your new vanity is coming along so nicely! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also followed Karyn Purvis' work. The TBRI parenting method is great. I wish I would have started reading before our foster kiddos came. It will be a big help to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I still haven't finished. Especially with having our little guy now, I have no time to read. I need to make time to finish it though!

      Delete
  3. Super jealous of your nice weather. :) And your vanity is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hill Country is so gorgeous, and I don't blame you for going hiking that much, especially since the weather has been so great! I've seen that enchilada casserole on Pinterest quite a bit and have wanted to try it, but we never have! You'll have to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy balls that's a lot of necklaces. I think I have maybe 15 and I think that's too many. They are next on my list to downsize, haha!
    That enchilada recipe looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear what you all think of the enchilada casserole! You all are so amazing for being willing to take these children who need love so badly into your lives!! Can't wait to hear about your experience as a foster mom!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop it!!! That picture of you with the fish is the CUTEST! I love that you have gotten to go on some good hikes - that is just my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you guys as you continue getting ready for your foster experience. I love that necklace holder idea! I don't have a ton of necklaces, but I've been hanging the few I have from the bottom of my bulletin board but I don't really like them hanging down- so this would be perfect. Also, that picture of you and the fish is the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vanity! So pretty! And there is nothing better than a good hike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I cannot wait until those kiddos are in your home - it's going to be great! I, too, have recently become obsessed with I Am They :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I need to get those books for myself!!! I can't wait to read a post about your kid or kiddos.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's hoping the call comes soon!! I know waiting has to be the hardest part now!! Lisa's cookie post made me incredibly sad that we aren't neighbors... so why don't you two do ALL THE COOKIE DECORATING... and let me live vicariously through you? Deal? Deal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!