Monday, January 25, 2016

Irresistible Me Hair Extensions

**I received free product from Irresistible Me in return for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.

I have always wanted full, beautiful hair.  You see, my hair is very thin.  I don't dye it so it's pretty silky and smooth, BUT it won't hold curl and looks frumpy and flat quickly.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what the Lord gave me, in fact, I love the natural color of my hair, I just wish it was a little thicker.

Enter Irresistible Me hair extensions.

When Irresistible Me approached me about doing a review about their hair extensions, I was super excited.  I've always wanted to try them, but just wasn't sure what to order and from whom.  They were pleasant to work with when ordering them.  My consultant helped me choose the right color for my hair after looking at some photos of me.

When they arrived at my house, I was giddy!  The color was great for the top of my hair.  Underneath is a dark blonde so it didn't match well there.  My only complaint about the color is that there were some random dark strands - I mean, black strands.

Then I tried putting them in my hair and honestly, I became pretty frustrated.  I could see the clips through my hair, even when attached correctly.  I think that these extensions do well on people with thick hair, not thin, but isn't that the point? To give thin hair some volume?  I also think that the length suggested just doesn't look good with my length.  You can see which is my hair and which are the extensions.  I'd only buy these extensions if I had long, thick hair that is all one color.  But if I had that, would I need extensions?!

First attempt:

Before/After

Doesn't look horrible, right?  The problem is...you can't see the back.  You could really see the clips, because my hair is just too thin. 

I experimented with the extensions, watched all the how-to videos, tried with all of the wefts, some of the wefts, and just couldn't get it to look right.  Here was my 5th attempt:





eek!


I asked the company if I was doing something wrong and they did not respond in the way that I hoped they would have.  I felt disrespected, but after I spoke with them again, I feel that they handled it well.  I truly believe that the extensions could look great on some people (I've even seen other bloggers who gave positive reviews).  I promise to always be honest with my readers.  I was really hoping they would be great, but unfortunately, they just didn't work out for my type of hair.

I hope you've had a better experience with hair extensions than I did!  Give them a try and let me know what you think!




17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry that they were rude to you - not how you want to be dealt with at all...that's a terrible experience! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look really good in the first picture-- would never know they were extensions, but can see what you mean about them not blending as well in the back. I so appreciate you showing the pictures of the process of putting them in because that's what I've always wondered about. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with the company, that's so disappointing :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer that they didn't work well with your hair and they had such horrible customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for such an honest review. I think they look good in the first photo - but I can see how if they're not sitting well in the back, that would look weird from behind.
    I can't believe they were rude to you. It's good to know!
    I've thought about extensions, but I have fairly thin hair, too. So I'm glad to know how they worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for such an honest review. I think they look good in the first photo - but I can see how if they're not sitting well in the back, that would look weird from behind.
    I can't believe they were rude to you. It's good to know!
    I've thought about extensions, but I have fairly thin hair, too. So I'm glad to know how they worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a horrible experience all the way around. Sorry lady! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man - thank you for sharing this! I've never really been interested in getting hair extensions but if I ever do, I won't bother with this company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you gave an honest review Kelli. It's really too bad their customer service was terrible on top of the extensions not working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelli, what if you try teasing your hair above each weft? I had a great experience with them and I really love my extensions. I applaud you for your honesty though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear ya on the thin/fine hair.. the struggle is real! I'm so sorry you had such a bad customer service experience, I have found that customer service is absolutely everything! I refuse to sail with Carnival Cruiselines or shop at Walmart due to extremely poor customer service. A little bit goes a long way along with some kindness. The extensions look great from the front, but are definitely visible from the back. Thank you so much for the honest review <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh boo!!! so crappy that they were mean to you! You look great with short or long hair! I have never tried extensions, but think they would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow I can't believe they were rude to you! That's awful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! Sounds like a horrible experience! I've never had to use extensions because my hair is always long!


    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours looks so full too, Lauren! You probably wouldn't need them but if you ever wanted to add temporary highlights, you could try it. :)

      Delete
  14. This is exactly why I'm afraid of extensions - I don't think I would be able to get them in properly!! So disappointed to hear about the bad service too. That SUCKS. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was an interesting read! Lash extensions, all day long. Hair extensions- I have never ever tried and would have no idea what to do with them! The falling out part terrifies me! But I do love to try these hair extensions.
    Nice Article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they clip in nicely so you wouldn't have to worry about them falling out. You should try them and just see what you think!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!