Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Goals (and an assessment of my 2015 goals)

Happy New Year!!!


Hey friends!  I hope you had a fabulous time celebrating the new year!  We had a blast!

So, I wanted to take a look back at my 2015 goals and assess how I did.  Eek!

ONE \\ Spend time with the Lord daily.  This is the most important one which is why I'm putting it first.  I feel like it's something I have to re-commit myself to often because I fall off the wagon constantly.  I haven't been good at this and have found myself down quite often. I know that this is the answer to it, yet it seems hard to do lately.  Lately, I choose Netflix over time with my Best Friend and Father. Will you please pray for me?  Please pray for that passion and desire to do it every day.

PARTIAL CHECK! Honestly, I do think that I did better in this area!  I wasn't perfect, but the Lord doesn't expect perfection so I need to just keep on pressing into Him!  This will continue to be a goal for me because it's the most important one.

TWO \\ I know this is so cliche, but....establish a workout schedule.  Here's the truth - I've gained 10 lbs in the last year and though I'm not going to obsess over weight, I'd like to fit back into some of my jeans. :)  AND, when I'm exercising regularly, I just feel better overall.

NOT SO MUCH. I would do really well for a few weeks and then I'd get out of the groove. Then I'd do well again and then not so well.  So I didn't totally fail - I just wasn't as consistent as I wish I was.  The end of the year was tough with hurting my ankle and then moving.

THREE \\ Along with #2, make it to my gym's spin class at 5:45am MWF.  Getting up that early is tough for me, but I know that if I get into the routine, it's not tough anymore.

EH.  I did do this....for a while, then skipped 3 months, and then started doing it again.  Haha!

FOUR \\ Get involved in a church here in San Antonio.  We think we've found one we like which is exciting!  We're joining a small group starting next week so we'll start getting to know people that way.

CHECK! Woo hoo!  We totally did this!  See my 2015 - A Year in Review post and you'll see it at the top of my list!  We love our church - Kevin even works there now!  And we LOVE our lifegroup!  I can't even believe we joined just a year ago.  I'm so close to the gals already.

FIVE \\ Spend more time with my sisters.  Now that I'm close to my sisters, it's so much easier to see them than when I was in Dallas.  With the hustle and bustle of life, I sometimes go weeks without seeing them so I want to make an effort to see them more often.

CHECK! I definitely saw my sister that lives in the same city a lot more.  I also got to hang out with the other two as often as we could on weekends!

SIX \\ Work on letting only positive things come out of my mouth.  Sometimes I find myself complaining instead of using my words to encourage others and glorify God.  I want to live by this verse...

PARTIAL CHECK! I'd say I made improvement in this area!  Still working on it too!


Onto my 2016 goals!!  I'm keeping it simple, but oh-so important!



I also am going to post this somewhere that I see it all the time - probably my bathroom mirror!  Ann Voskamp has a cute printable with fill-in-the-blanks that can help you with your purpose for 2016.  I LOVE it!  I used some of her words (because they were so good!) and changed some to fit me as well.




What are some of your goals/dreams/purposes for 2016?

16 comments:

  1. I think you have some great goals for 2016 and it looks like 2015 was successful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful plan for 2016 - I think setting realistic and intentional goals is the best way to get things done and you will totally rock it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that printable! Such a creative way to look at the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound like some great goals for 2016! I was in the same boat as you last year with starting off right with working out, and then I kind of fell off the wagon. I'm back to it as of today, and I'm hoping I'll stay consistent this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job in 2015! I like the way you broke down 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend, you've got some amazing goals set before you and I know you'll rock at them. I'm still so over-the-moon excited for you and Kevin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love goal setting and yours for this year are great! You didn't set too many so they are all definitely doable. I'm excited to see where 2016 takes you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the printable idea! I'm more likely to do something if I see it in writing in front of me. I'm sure you will do fabulous with those new goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your goals for 2016, especially #3. Loving the printable too. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals for 2016, they are so doable - you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you go with your 2015 goals, you're going to do amazing with 2016 <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that printable! And love your goals! Thanks so much for sharing! And thanks for passing by my blog ;)

    XO,
    Adri
    www.thegoldhummingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think you did pretty great with 2015! good luck with your exercise goals, it's on my list as well, something i always struggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Such a great print to have as a daily reminder on what to focus on :) Sounds like 2015 was pretty successful, too! Can't wait to see what this year has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great goals I love reading your blog. I always read positive words..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!