Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Blood Orange Sangria

Hey friends!  I totally meant to do a recap of Thanksgiving, but 1) I've been busy and 2) I've been feeling a little sickly since last Wednesday.  I am trying my hardest to fight it off with natural remedies in hopes that I don't have to get medicine.   {Thieves essential oil, apple cider vinegar, Emergen-C, vitamins, neti pot, sleeping propped up, Throat Coat tea, honey, Raven essential oil, repeat}

I hope that you all had an amazing Thanksgiving and are pumped about this Christmas season!  I know I am!

Today I'm linking up with the fabulous ladies at The Sequin Notebook for their Monthly Cocktail Link-up as well as Emily and Kate's Recipe Swap and Katie, Pinky and Sara's Countdown to Christmas.

A friend taught me about this sangria recipe last year and I've LOVED it ever since.  I do love a good genuine sangria that soaks in the fruit for hours, but when I'm in a hurry and need to make one quickly, this is my go-to recipe!  Did I mention that it's delicious?!

It's great in the summer AND great in the winter.  I've made it for bridal showers, bachelorette parties and even Thanksgiving.  Oranges are winter fruits, right?!



Ingredients:

1 bottle of Moscato
About 20oz Blood Orange San Pellegrino
Club Soda
Frozen Fruit

Pour half of the bottle of Moscato in first (if you're making a larger batch, pour the entire bottle and double the rest of the ingredients).  Then add about 20oz of Blood Orange San Pellegrino.  If you can't find it at your store, use any brand of blood orange Italian soda - I had to do that once and it was still great!  Next, add some club soda - honestly, I don't know how much I used - probably about 2-4 cups.  Then put your frozen fruit in so that the liquid reaches the top of your pitcher.  I use the peach/strawberry/pineapple mix.

And that's it!  See...easy!  Enjoy!!!



16 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!! Is it too early to want to start drinking these?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon girl!! Something in this drink might be able to cure you! Sounds amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Moscato & Sangria and this sounds just absolutely delicious!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love the idea of moscato in this - it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the San Pellegrino blood orange. It's my favorite go to right now. Sounds like a delicious drink I'll have to try after baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had a Sangria, but it looks good! :) I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good! Love the flavor combination you have going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks DELISH! I love the color and you can't go wrong with Cupcake wine <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe looks delish. I love cupcakes wines too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMM I will definitely need to give this recipe a try! It sounds so yummy and very refreshing.

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing!! I just figured out what's on part of my menu for the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds delicious! I love blood orange anything! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, I wish I had a glass of this in front of me at this moment! Sounds so good! Hope you're feeling better soon - things are really going around right now :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!