Monday, November 9, 2015

Mexico vacation recap

Happy Monday friends!

About a week ago, Kevin and I got back from our 2nd anniversary trip to Mexico!  We went to Secrets Silversands, an all-inclusive resort just south of Cancun and we loved it.  The food was the best I've had at an all-inclusive resort.  The service was great, the shows were great, the pools were great.

Our only complaint would be the seaweed on the beach, but that's not the resort's fault.  We still enjoyed laying on the beach and reading for hours!

Every day except Monday involved swimming in the pool or laying by the beach so I didn't take great photos.  I'll share the ones I've got!

Monday, we went to Xplor, an "adult amusement park" that had ziplining, ATV's, cave swimming and cave rafting.  Thank you, Mia, for that suggestion!!

Starting my "beach read" in the airport - both of our flights were delayed

finally on our way to Mexico!

we finally got to the resort at 3am - we were so tired and so hungry so we ordered room service and had a beer

Pina Colada time!








They played American football on the side of a building on Sunday and Monday nights

Xplor!  So, we were wet the entire time so I couldn't carry around my phone/camera.  But we had a blast during the cave swimming, cave rafting, ziplining and ATV's. 


too many selfies

 this was the view from the top of another hotel in Cancun that we visited




 Hibachi night!



last drink!  my favorite - a Dirty Monkey

 Long story short, it took us 25 hours to get home when it should have taken 2.  There were delays, storms, planes running low on gas, diverted flight, overnight stay, electricity out, rental car and a speeding ticket.  This is how we felt...


But we made it home safely and overall, it was a great trip!  I wish we were still there!  I'm ready for my next vacation! 

Have a great week, friends!

Linking up with Kate




14 comments:

  1. What an awesome vacation! You both seriously deserved it and the resort looked beautiful!! I love all inclusive resorts...you check in and then forget about the rest!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite all the travel challenges, yay for just taking time out!! That cabana would have definitely been my home. I can't believe how beautiful the water is! It doesn't even look real!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so fun! 3 am? Whew girl!!!! I love all your pictures and so fun that you got to do excursions too! I WANT TO GO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks fantastic! So jealous of the gorgeous scenery and weather! I'm dying to do an all inclusive soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun trip, and happy belated anniversary! Sorry you experienced so many flight delays, but glad you had a great time in spite of it and were safe. And how much fun does that adult adventure park look?! Love ziplining <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the pictures! You look gorgeous in that blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you guys had a nice, relaxing vacation, despite the travel mishaps. Love that pic of you in the blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'm pretty sure the delay in coming home was just God's way of saying he wanted ya'll to vacation some more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! What a fantastic trip!! Looks like the perfect combination of relaxation and adventure, delicious eats and sensational sips, in the most beautiful environment possible!! What a fun and romantic way to celebrate this special occasion!!! Btw, you looked absolutely stunning in that gorgeous blue dress!! So sorry to hear about your travel problems while heading back, but on the bright side, glad you had good company there with you and that you both made it back home safe and sound! Thanks for sharing your fun recap!!

    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Went to Mexico (Playa del Carmen) last year. A great location for relaxing! Your resort looks amazing! Too bad you had so many flight delays. But thankfully you had a fantastic trip! Awesome pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We really had a blast! I'm ready to go back again! :)

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous resort and blue waters! It's always sad when vacation comes to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww what a fantastic trip!! Your all-inclusive looks amazing! I love that they even had the football games for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome trip and what a great place you got to stay at!

    The return home is a bummer though - not the way to end a vacation (makes the vacation-ending remorse even more disheartening)!

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!