Friday, November 13, 2015

Happy Fri-YAY!

Happy FRI-YAY!!!!

Gosh, I'm glad that the weekend is here.  It's hard getting back into the groove at work after a relaxing vacation....I mean, it's been 2 weeks but STILL! :)

Life has been good lately.  We've been busy busy, but it's all good!  Today is my work "end of busy season" party and I'm really looking forward to it!  Here's a snapshot of the party last year...


This year should be fun!

 {ONE}

This week, I ordered two things I've really been wanting - the Hue Ultrawide Waistband Leggings in Graphite Heather (25% off right now!) and a cute plaid infinity scarf!  These are perfect for the fall!


{TWO}

I made this Turkey Pumpkin Chili recipe last weekend and it was a hit with the hubs and my friends that were visiting!  It's healthy and delicious.  Thank you Tiffany and Jennifer for helping me find this recipe through the Shine Blog Hop last week.



{THREE}

Over my vacation, I read my first Elin Hilderbrand book, The Matchmaker. (Ok, well I finish it in my backyard when we got back)  It was a cute, little beach read.  I wouldn't say that it blew me away, but I hear that her other books are better so I look forward to reading them.

If you've read any Elin Hilderbrand, which book is your favorite?



{FOUR}

I made a quick stop by Target on Wednesday night and, of course, left super happy!  Seriously though, that place just makes me giddy!


cute binder for organization
3 different packages for notecards ($1 each!)
Cab/Shiraz Box Wine (you can make fun, but it's the best cheap wine out there)


{FIVE}

Lately, I've changed my breakfast routine and I'm digging it.  It's simple and healthy!  I just throw the dry ingredients in a tupperware, milk in another one, fruit in another and take it to work when I'm in a hurry.  Then I mix the milk with the dry ingredients, microwave it, put the fruit on top and eat!


oatmeal
chia seeds
coconut palm sugar
cinnamon
almond milk
strawberries
blackberries


Have a great weekend, folks!

Linking up with KarliErikaAmanda and April!





THE GOOD LIFE BLOG



18 comments:

  1. Target is like a black hole - you go in for one thing 2 hours later you're confused with what happened but seriously happy! Hope you have a great time at your party tonight - you deserve it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh Target is awesome. Those leggings that you got are super cute! I love graphite leggings because I feel like not everyone has them! x, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wore them the other day and LOVE them!!

      Delete
  3. Hooray for a season of leggings and scarves, and warm bowls of chili!! We enjoyed some this week too! ;) I absolutely agree with you on Target! I always leave happy too....maybe with a little less money, but always happy - lol! Enjoy the party tonight! At the end of a busy season you certainly deserve some fun! :)
    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chili looks so stinking good! And I've been loving target lately.. So many good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have to avoid Target at all costs. I go in for one thing and before I know it, I'm at the checkout counter trying to figure out how I spent so much. Haha! And... you will LOVE the leggings and scarf. They are definite favorites of mine. Have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Target is the best!! What fun finds? I pretty much love everything about this post! I love the Shine Blog hop! I love your breakfast choice (nom nom) and love your new purchases (cute scarf)

    Have so much fun tonight friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chili looks delish! And oh Target how I love you, but my wallet begs to differ!

    Happy Friday gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss the days when I could come out of Target with a huge haul. Now I have to have self control. Darn it!
    I'm excited to hear about your party! I'm sure it will be a blast. And so glad you liked that recipe. It looks amazing. Oh, and you're going to love the Hue leggings. I can't remember if you have them in black or not but I love them. So darn comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the coloring in the scarf you ordered!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fruit and oatmeal is one of my favorite hearty and yet refreshing meals during the cold months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What isn't to love about Target?? They have EVERYTHING!!! I have a pair of the high waistband leggings in black and they are awesome. Plus, I'm a lover of all scarves--that plaid one is perfect! Glad I found your blog through the link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the busy season being over!!! Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the party! Yay for busy season being over! I love how cozy you look with your book – perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping in from the link up and can I just say I LOVE your wedding dress! Sorry, I know that is totally off topic but I saw it in your profile picture and had to look through your wedding post pictures. So, so pretty. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently made turkey pumpkin chili and it was amazing. Perfect recipe for Fall. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Target wins all the prizes! And loving those leggings and that infinity scarf. Happy Friday :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!