Friday, October 23, 2015

Random Friday Catch-up!

Happy Friday, friends!

I'm a SUPER excited about this Friday, because at the end of the day, I'm off for a whole week! Kevin and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary in Mexico!  I plan to lay on the beach or by the pool pretty much all week and read.

Since I haven't had a chance to blog much lately, I'll use this random post to catch you up a bit!


{ONE}

Lisa moved to San Antonio!!!  If you don't know Lisa at Lisa Loves John blog, head over there now. Her recipes and DIY projects are the bomb!  We're so excited to have her and her hubby here.  We met up for dinner last week and met for the first time!  Don't ya just love blogger friendships?!




{TWO}

A few weekends ago, we made a trip up to the Dallas area for Kevin's birthday.  We spent some awesome time with his adopted family - man, I wish I was Puerto Rican!  We also met up with some friends the first night (top left). We went to a Texas Rangers game (don't even talk about it - we're still grieving) and the Texas State Fair.  

Our goal at the state fair is to eat as many random fried foods as we can.

This year we tried the featured ones - Pretzel Crusted Pollo Queso Balls, Cowboy Corn Crunch (corn, bacon, jalapeno cream cheese), Holy Moly Carrot Cake Roly (pictured below), fried Spaghetti and Meatballs and the trusty Fletcher's corn dog.



{THREE}

Last Saturday, I helped host a baby shower for a friend who wanted a Maine-themed shower.  We weren't sure how to do it at first, but ended up coming up with some great ideas!  She loved it!

On the menu: Lobster rolls, Blueberry Cream Mini Tarts, Whoopie Pies, Cheese/Crackers, Veggies/Dip, Pretzels, Jelly Beans.

I was nervous about the lobster rolls, but they turned out to be excellent!



{FOUR}

Last Friday was Kevin's work gala.  They raise 75% of their annual funds at this event.  It takes place at the St. Anthony Hotel in downtown San Antonio.  It was gorgeous!  My parents were able to come so I enjoyed spending time with them.  We had a blast!


Theme had to do with wearing something from a previous era - I didn't do it, but my parents did



{FIVE}

Monday was our two-year anniversary!  I can't believe that it's been two years - time has flown!  But we've also been through a lot and God has really deepened our relationship in those two years.  I am so grateful for the man that God sent me to do life with.

We celebrated on Sunday, since we had Bible study on Monday, with seeing the movie, War Room, in the theater (so good!) and dinner at J. Prime Steakhouse.  AMAZING!  I got the dry aged fillet and it was possibly the best steak I've ever had.  They also gave us complimentary bananas foster for our anniversary!

sorry the photo is dark



Have a great weekend and week, friends!  I hope to stay away from social media and just unplug for the next week so peace out!

XOXO

Linking up with Karli, Erika, Amanda and April!





THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


15 comments:

  1. I dont even know where to start...1. hope you have the best week off in Mexico! 2. yay for meeting a blogger friend! 3. Your lobster rolls were amazing!!! Hope you have a fabulous friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited, and jealous, of your vacation! Have the best time! And I still love you in that dress from the gala. It's very flattering on you. Enjoy your last day of work for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love all of this!!! I love that you had a new blog friend move there! SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A "Maine-themed" shower is so unique! And who doesn't love lobster rolls? :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fried spaghetti and meatballs?! I am intrigued ahha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico!! Looks like you have been up to lots of fun activities lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many fun things going on!! Hope all this rain doesn't hold up your trip!! Have an amazing time!! (So jealous that you got to hang out with Lisa!! Loveeeee her blog too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you guys have the best time on your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, it was so great meeting y'all!! Hope you are having a fabulous time in Mexico - can't wait to hear about it!! And those lobster rolls? YES.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you and Lisa got to go out – looks like such a fun time! We’re actually heading to Dallas this weekend so it was fun to peek into your trip – I wish we’d get there for the fair once! Happy two year anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm slowly playing catch-up lol! Hope ya'll had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! So many awesome things!

    That Maine-themed shower... oh my goodness (drooling over here)! Happy belated anniversary you two! Enjoy your trip too!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice photos! Hope your week is going great ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your vacation looked amazing! And yay for meeting Lisa - so much fun <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!