Monday, October 12, 2015

My hubby is famous!

Ok, not really...

My hubby isn't famous, but he was on TV recently...

I just wanted to drop in quickly to let you know about two things that I'm thankful for.  I'm linking up with Emily for this one!

ONE \\ As I've mentioned here before, my husband took a job last April where he helps kids that are aging out of the foster care system, and I am SO proud of him!  I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me him as a husband.  I always prayed for a husband that desired to further His Kingdom and God answered that prayer!

Recently, a local news station interviewed him and the executive director about the THRU Project.  They were able to get more mentors for the kids through it which is exciting!

You should go watch the video now!  I think he did pretty darn awesome!




TWO \\ I am really graceful and especially good at walking and talking at the same time.  [Insert sarcasm]  I fell about a week ago and rolled my ankle pretty badly.  It swelled up and got a nice black and blue bruise.  I've been a little frustrated that I can't go to the gym or even go to the grocery store, but it's feeling a lot better now!  I'm grateful that I didn't break any bones and am praying that it heals quickly.  I need to get active!

Here is about a week ago:


And here it is now:

sorry if my feet gross you out!

Looks a lot better, right?!  I still have to stay off it for a while so no running for me.

I hope you all have a great week!

XOXO


Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

15 comments:

  1. I remember last summer falling in the bathtub and breaking my foot. Broke it good. Happy this was not your case. No fun to be in a boot for months. Commenting from ember grey's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - i don't even want to tell you about that time I sprained both my FEET not even the ankle but the feet lol!! Yay for your hubby! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL WHY ARE WE BOTH HAVING FOOT PROBLEMS?! Going to watch Kevin's video right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You husband sounds SO AWESOME! What a meaningful and important way to spend his time! I'm so glad some TV time got more people involved! I'm glad your foot is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES!! Your poor foot, honey!! And yay for hubby being on the news! Such a great man and a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coloring is better, but it still looks pretty swollen! I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. No fun at all.
    And yay for Kevin! So awesome that he gets to be part of something so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so so proud of your hubs! Ugh dear Lord I just winced in pain for you. Hope it's better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome that your husband is doing this! I work for a county child welfare agency and I always think about the kids who age out. So glad there are people like your husband to help them along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOLY smokes. YES you are famous (I can't watch the video now, but will later) and your ankle! Girl. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just watched it! So awesome. I know I have read Kevin's story, but it was so good to HEAR his story! HE did an awesome job and I love how God uses our trials to advocate and bless others! What a difference he is making!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing work your husband is doing. We fostered for half a year, and it was the toughest thing we've ever gone through. It's amazing to know others are working on their behalf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we hear! I'm so proud of the work that my husband is doing. It's a way for people who want to wet their feet in helping out foster kids.

      Delete
  12. Glad your foot is getting less swollen!! and YAY hubby!

    XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kevin's job sounds so wonderful!!!! I'm sure it feels good that he's doing something so meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kevin's job sounds so wonderful!!!! I'm sure it feels good that he's doing something so meaningful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!