Monday, September 14, 2015

The Joy is in the Journey

Happy Monday, y'all!!

Soooo....life has been a little "ugh" lately.  You know what I mean by "ugh"?  I'm sure it's mostly because of the hours I've been working at work but it's also other stuff that I'm sure I'll share about eventually.

I recently put this Emily Ley iPhone background on my phone because I need this reminder every day.




So, how was your weekend?

Mine was actually pretty good!  So glad I didn't have to work.  We went to the Baylor vs. Lamar football game in Waco at the last minute so that was fun!  I ran into quite a few old college friends and soaked in the Bears spirit.  It's so fun that my school is good at football finally!










proud of this man for supporting Baylor though he married into it!


We stayed in Temple that night and had brunch at our favorite brunch place again...Megg's Cafe!

Linking up with Biana for that weekend recap!

So...like I said, I've been dealing with some rough stuff lately so I haven't been the happiest - just being honest.  So I thought I'd take this opportunity to remind myself of what I have to be grateful for.  I've always wanted to join in with Emily's Grateful Heart link-up so here I go:

1 \\ First and foremost, I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father.  Why does He keep accepting me back even when I stink it up?!  Thank you, Jesus, for grace!


2 \\ Y'all, I have been blessed by the compassion and patience that my husband possesses.  Sometimes I'm emotional.  Sometimes I'm a big mess.  Sometimes I cry for no reason.  Or little reasons at least.  I'm so grateful that he loves me and supports me, even when I come home crying after a long day of work and am short with him when he doesn't deserve it.


3 \\ My family.  I've recently been able to spend some good time with my stepsister and niece.  A few weeks ago, we all got together for my mom's birthday.  I am SO GRATEFUL to only be an hour away from them as opposed to the 5 hours for the 9 years before that.


4 \\ I know this may seem silly but I am truly grateful for our two puppies.  They are both getting a little older and I get sad thinking they won't be with us forever.  I'm trying to savor my time with them!  They snuggle with me when I'm sad and love on me pretty much all the time.

Luci

Riley

5 \\ As we're heading into fall, I'm still getting in as many pool days as possible!  I can't get enough this summer!  Can't wait for Lisa to get here to enjoy it with me!



Have a fabulous week, my friends!

XOXO

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey


17 comments:

  1. So glad you had a relaxing and fun weekend! College football weekends are the best!! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on the joy is in the journey. If I zoom out to the big picture of our lives right now...things are good. But the tiny little pieces that make up every single day have me going "UGGGGHHHH" right along with you. I'm so glad you had a nice, relaxing, FUN weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this girl! I swear, I think days are passing me by in 3's... Slow down time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous of all of your Baylor games! So awesome!!! I love that you are still enjoying pool time -- that is THE best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys had fun at the Baylor game. Seeing old friends is always a good time.
    I'm sorry things have been hard lately my dear. I hope your heart can be fully happy soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had fun at the football game! Hope whatever is going on is resolved soon and you are able to relax :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so fun! I really want to get to a college game again soon.. we haven't been in like 2 years I think? They are always the best time!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just the hardest thing when you're in a storm to try to remind yourself of joy, but it sounds like you've got the right focus! I can honestly say... with 100% certainty... I am a completely different person after having gone through 2 years of pain. I just know that I wouldn't have felt joy like I have now without the pain to make me so grateful every.single.day. He's got you in the palm of his hands and what is to come will be MIRACULOUS! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelli!! :) I love all of the fun and great pics you post. You always look like you have fun! Sorry you feel down with other things. God's got your back. Don't give up. Keep your face towards the sun. Also, I love this quote: "In order to get through to the rainbow,... you gotta get through the rain." Keep shining! You are beautiful and have a lot going for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a HUGE win for Baylor this weekend!! Looks like you guys had amazing time... That new stadium is so crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you've had an ugh week - but I'm happy you're choosing to see the joy in the every day! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J!! Things have gotten so much better even since then :) God is good!

      Delete
  12. Looks like a fabulous weekend, and YAY for football and brunch :-D

    Sorry things have been ugh lately, hoping things turn around *hugs*. And yay for pool days - my absolute fav!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we all have those 'ugh' times but sounds like you have the right attitude! Love the pup pictures, they make everything better :) And we're in the same boat now with being only an hour from family as opposed to the 3-5 hours in Chicago - it makes a world of difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this looks like an awesome weekend! I love that iPhone background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i need that as a background, a poster, my computer screen, and more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!