Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fall Date Night: Roadtrip/Sports

Hey there, friends!  I hope that you've had a fantastic week! I'm popping in today to share about a great date idea for you and your significant other - shoot...you could do this with friends too!

Two things that my husband and I love are sports and roadtrips!  Some of my favorite memories with him involve these two things.

Last fall, we roadtripped it up to Waco, TX, home of my Alma Mater - Baylor University!  Sic 'em Bears!  Waco is about a 3 hour drive from San Antonio.  We bought tickets at the last minute to a football game versus Oklahoma State University even though it was POURING cats and dogs!  We decided not to tailgate due to the rain - though I wish we had.  We saw people out there still having fun.  Regardless, we had a blast!  We went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Waco, La Fiesta, for margaritas and dinner and then headed to the game.





Victory for the BEARS!!!!

Rather than driving all the way back home, we stayed the night half way home in Temple, TX and had brunch the next morning at Meg's cafe - best eggs benedict ever!!


Next, we stopped in Round Rock (by Austin) for Spirit Fest, a Christian music festival that lasted all day.  We heard some amazing artists sing!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this last weekend, we did something similar!  We did the whole thing in a day though!

On Saturday, we drove up towards Round Rock and stopped at a flea market along the way.

It ended up kind of sucking but oh well...now we know!

Next, we decided to do a little BBQ Restaurant tour!  I like wine tours, my hubby likes BBQ tours. Haha!  We stopped at a couple BBQ restaurants in Lockhart, TX (BBQ capital Texas, so I hear).

Kreuz Market


this place has no silverware, no BBQ sauce, no seasoning - they're confident in the quality!


Black's Barbeque


the wind was cray that day




City Hall (gorgeous!)


Then we finished our drive up to Round Rock for a Round Rock Express baseball game!  This is a minor league team owned by the Texas Rangers.  The game was a blast!




good seats are cheap at minor league games!

Since I had to drive the 2 hours back home after a late game, I needed some coffee stat!


Our drive home was really a blessing!  Kevin and I had good conversation and were swept away worshiping through I Am They's music.  Listen to them if you haven't already!


Have you been on any fun road tripping dates??  Anyone else love sporting events like us?

 XOXO

16 comments:

  1. We haven't done a road trip like that but we do like to do day trips around New England! We're doing a version of your weekend next month - going to NOLA to see the Gators play :) Looks like you guys had an amazing time! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute - such fun dates! We have been wanting to do a day out date for so long - just trying to find the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love ALL of these - clearly love the Baylor game! I wish we were as good about doing fun things like y'all are! Date nights are THE best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun! We enjoy short road trips like that as well. And of course we like football dates. Love that they have barbecue tours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We definitely love sports & road trips too! Looks like you all have lots of fun on yours! Sometimes quick road trips like this are even more fun than long vacations :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun idea!! We've gotten in lots of road trips this summer with all of the weddings we've had to go to, but no sporting events! Hope we can change that soon! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun!! I love getaways that take you out of the norm of your "usual" date spots! Minor league games are always a fun getaway choice! And I love that you did a BBQ crawl! Sounds pretty perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously so fun. Road trips (even close ones) are the best medicine. :)
    #SHINEbloghop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, last weekend I did a weekend like that, which I'd describe as "same same, but different". There was no significant other along with me (being both divorced and a practising Catholic, it's kind of out of the question), but I went down to the Mornington Peninsula for a half marathon I was running in. It was a great weekend to just stick to the simple things - physical exercise, simple food and beautiful scenery - and on my way back, I was hearing some really stunning Christian music on Light FM. It was a really stellar weekend, although maybe not as packed as yours! (if you're interested I blogged it here - http://newciteaux.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/race-weekend-recap.html). Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such fun and yummy pics!! All of the time too. I'm so craving eggs and BBQ now. You made your adventure sound and look so great. Also, I agree, that City Hall building is really pretty. I love looking at pretty buildings like that. They always catch my eye. Keep posting your fun journeys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a lot of last minute decorations to add, and the staff was eager and willing to help. The food at event space was amazing. They have extremely unique and tasty food. Also this place has great views and beautiful big rooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!