Thursday, July 2, 2015

We're Helping Orphans in Honduras!

God has been at work in my heart as well as my husband's heart.  We both know that He is calling us to something big, but we're not quite sure what that looks like.  Our hearts break for children who don't have loving parents, which is highly influenced by Kevin's life growing up.

A sweet Puerto Rican family stood in the gap for him and loved him and provided for him, though they didn't have to.  I thank God often for putting them in his life - I truly believe that he'd be a different man if they hadn't been there.  It was there that he found Jesus, there that he learned what love really is, there that he felt he had a "home" and was protected.

God could be calling us to anything - adopting, fostering, working at an orphanage, helping orphans/children in San Antonio, unofficially taking in any kids that need a home and someone to love them.  All we know is that we're supposed to be praying about it right now.

Kevin has recently taken a job with a local non-profit organization that helps kids that are aging out of the foster care system - they've never been adopted, don't have parental guidance and struggle once they hit adulthood.  He pairs them up with mentors that help them bridge that gap - help with finding jobs, education, housing, general wisdom, etc.  We've really found that there is such a large number of children that are looking to be loved here.  It may be why He led us here!

Also, as a part of this process, we have decided to go on a mission trip with our church to Honduras to help at an orphanage that houses almost 600 unwanted, abandoned and abused children of all ages.


So I come today, asking you to pray for and with us!

Here are some ways that you can pray:

1 // that we be “Christ-like” to those we come across during our trip

2 // for the 600 Honduran children that don't have parents and just want to be loved

3 // for courage to share the gospel, diligence and energy to serve well

4 // for God’s provision and protection as we travel

5 // for the staff that live at the orphanage year-round and love on these kids

6 // for God's provision for each and every orphan - that He would always provide food, clothing, shelter and love

7 // that the Holy Spirit would break the language barrier and that the kids would understand us and vice versa


Thank you so much, friends!  We so appreciate your support!  It'll be quiet for a week around the blog, but I plan to post about it when I get back.  Much love!! 

XOXOXO

14 comments:

  1. OMG Kelli!!!! I will be texting you about this! Hunter and I have traveled to Honduras and oh, be still my heart. If the Lord is willing, we also plan to adopt (one or more children) from Honduras in the future. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very excited for you guys and for the things He has planned for you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST. Thank you for listing out the ways we can be praying for you. I pray that you guys have a WONDERFUL time and that you serve God wholeheartedly (even though I have no doubt you will) during your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO EXCITED for you guys to go on this trip! You two are going to change so many lives! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you guys are doing is amazing - this trip will be wonderful! I can't wait to hear all about it once you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG wow!!! This is awesome, this will be an amazing trip. Wow! Will be praying for you all <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great, Kelli! I am putting you on my prayer list now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow! Kelli! Please keep us updated! This is awesome! Praying over what the Lord has for y'all and excited to see how it all unfolds xoxo Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have an amazing trip!!! Praying for all of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your trip! What you're doing is so amazing. Sending prayers your way!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! I can't wait to hear more about your trip and I am keeping you guys in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh that is amazing and so awesome!! have a safe trip and can't wait to hear all about it!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  13. What you guys are doing is truly beautiful. You are a blessing for those children. My prayers are with you. May God bless each and everyone of you with His Holy Spirit. May the words you impart touch the hearts of these children. Sending you my prayers. Have a safe trip. I look forward to reading about how it went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I just posted about it today so I hope you come back to read the recap! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!