Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Essentials | Our Yard

We're full into summer and on the days that it's not raining here in San Antonio, we've been enjoying our backyard.  We rent a guy's guest house on his 5 acre property with a pool, a ton of beautiful Oak trees and currently a little river in the back. Ha!  It's actually a dry creek bed, but because of some hard rain lately, it's flowing.

We've been loving grilling out and swimming in the pool.  It's so relaxing to float around the pool with a drink in hand and hanging out with friends/family.

I've compiled a list of summer essentials!  We've found ourselves needing (wanting?) all of these items this summer.


Coleman Road Trip Grill LXE - Perfect for packing up and folding out wherever you need it!  Tailgating at a baseball game, down by the river, poolside.  We love grilling burgers, chicken kebobs, sausage (Earl Campbell's...yum!) and fajitas.

Hydro Flask - You guys know how much we love our Hydro Flask !  I have seriously neglected all of my other water bottles because I love mine so much.  It keeps your water cold for 24 hours - honestly, even longer I think!  Love it!

Corkcicle Chillsner Beer Chillers - Kevin recently bought these and they're awesome!  They keep your beer colder for a long time.  I need this if I'm drinking a beer because I tend to milk it. Ha!

Vino2Go Wine Tumbler - You know me and my wine!  These "adult sippy cups" are perfect for the pool so you don't spill.

Yeti Cooler - Y'all...we have been wanting one of these coolers so badly!  They keep things cold for days!  We'll finally make the plunge and get one soon I'm sure.

Pool Float - This is a must.  I prefer to lounge around in a float, half in, half out of the water while chatting with my friends.

Parachute Double Hammock - With all of our great Oak trees in the yard, we HAD to buy a hammock.  This parachute kind feels so comfy!  Talk about relaxing!

And just for fun...here are a few shots of our backyard!






I usually sit outside by the pool and watch the deer come out at about 7pm.  I sound like such an old lady don't I?!  It's awesome!

Linking up with Andrea for Show And Tell

10 comments:

  1. Such an awesome backyard!! If you guys are avid grillers have you thought about getting the iGrill? My BIL uses it all the time and swears by it now! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pool seriously! Coming down to use it!

    I got a hammock recently for a bridesmaid gift (genius) - I just need to find a good tree to hang it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the oak trees! You have such a neat spot to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have a portable grill - that is such a perfect idea! I love that you guys have a hammock too that must be so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Hydro Flask! Kellen really wants the beer mug flasks. Really love your backyard. I could for sure relax out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come spend a weekend with you, please?! I would love to hang out at the pool & drink wine with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Mia! I'll be right over with some wine! Haha. That is a nice backyard and those are some great essentials!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your selections!

    I've been wanting a grill for such a long time but my hubby really doesn't like BBQs. This grill doesn't look that "overwhelming" though.

    Your yard! Oh my! I love it and I would totally do deer watching as well!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grilling out and drinking by/in the pool is the BEST! Love your outdoor area :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yard is sooo gorgeous and I'm so jealous of your pool! When we were at the beach last week I totally would have loved to have one of those wine to go glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!