Thursday, May 28, 2015

Losing One of the Greatest Men I've Ever Known

Hey friends!

I apologize for being MIA this week.  Long story short, my hubby's grandfather passed away last Saturday and life has been really tough.  If you haven't read Kevin's story, you can read it HERE.

When Kevin was 16 years old with no family in the picture, no money and lost, he was able to reconnect with his grandfather who had been pushed out of his life by the parents.  Ever since then, his grandpa became his rock, his father, his biggest supporter and an amazing example of what a man should be.

Losing him has been tough and we're in Oklahoma taking care of the funeral arrangements, the estate, etc.  I've never had to go through something like this...while trying to grieve, dealing with the rest of the details.

We would really appreciate your prayers!  It's tough, but we're excited to celebrate such a wonderful man.

One of my favorite memories of him was how much he danced at our wedding.  He danced more than anyone, including us.  I believe the dancing kept him positive and healthy!  I hope that we're like that someday!

He's in Heaven now and hanging out with Jesus.  Say hi to Jesus for us, Grandpa Bill!  We miss you!



I'll be out of town next week for work, but I'm hoping I can post from my hotel room.  Would love any texts from those of you who have my number!  Love you tons, blogging friends!

11 comments:

  1. So so sorry for your loss! He sounds like an incredible man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good looking man. He sounds like a treasure to be around. I am so sorry for your loss Kelli. I will be praying for you all! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers are coming your way. I am happy you got to know someone who sounds like a great person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss, but happy you got to have time with him. He seems like an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss Kelli! I have to say though, I'm pretty dang jealous he's dancing with Jesus in Heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss - but it sounds like he was an incredible man and heaven is lucky to have him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big hugs my dear! I hope this weekend goes smoothly. I'll be thinking about you guys.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs sweet friend. Thinking about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read your husband's story and it was both sad and touching. Literally brought tears to my eyes. He is so strong to have gone through all of that for surviving. I'm so sorry for your loss too. Those pictures are so cute and sweet. God bless him in Heaven and I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terribly sorry for your loss: he seems like a terribly sweet man and I'll surely keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry for your loss my prayers are with you and your family. I love the picture of you two dancing touched my heart. I haven't told nobody or bloged about it but my grandpa passed away six months ago. If you need anything I'm here for you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!