Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Exploring the South Island of New Zealand: Part 2

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I hope that you had a fantastic weekend!  I'm back to share the rest of my New Zealand trip with you.  Catch up with Part 1 HERE.

I left off with canyoning outside of Queenstown.  After those adventures, we headed towards the Milford Sound.  Here, we went on a 3-day hike called the Milford Track - it's one of the most popular hikes in the world and one of the most beautiful!  It stretches over 53.5 km and you have to stay in their little huts maintained by the Department of Conservation over three nights.  Only 30 (or 40? I can't remember) people can start it a day.  They want to preserve the beauty of the land.













our fun Welsh friends we met on the hike 

and the Welsh guys thought it'd be fun to swim in the ice cold water 



Milford Sound cruise






Next, we drove up the west coast.  We stopped at the Franz Josef Glacier and did the awesome glacier hike!












After the glacier hike, we headed up the coast and made quite a few stops like Punakaki (all of the layered rock).








I hope you've enjoyed my New Zealand photos!  There's one more part left!  We did a wine tour by bike and sailed in the Abel Tasman Bay.  Come back to see photos of those!

Have a great Wednesday, friends!




11 comments:

  1. The views are just incredible and I can't believe all the elements you braved!! i have to say that water looks deceivingly warm!! xo, Biana -http://www.myborrowedheaven.com/2015/05/diy-bridesmaid-gift-box-from-gillian-at.html?showComment=1431519658509#c7782240439092414819

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a DREAMY place! That waterfall is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful - what fabulous scenery you were amongst!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Some friends of ours are thinking about moving to New Zealand and I really hope we can use that as an excuse to visit! You got such great photos and did a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scenery!!! And wow! What a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are stunning!! I would die to visit this beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My supervisor just got back from New Zealand and she said it was AWESOME!!! I loved your photos. How neat to travel there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a gorgeous place! Still on my top 10 places to visit! You guys had some adventure while you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I've been waiting for part 2! I can't get over the amazing scenery-- you did so many crazy (in a good way!) things on your trip- I can't imagine walking through a glacier! Those rock formations are so cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, what amazing pictures! i am so jealous! i would love to go to NZ one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take me back! Love that we went to all the same places! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!