Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Coffee Talk

Hey friends!  Let's pretend that we're meeting at the local coffee shop...you probably grab a coffee and I grab a chai tea latte (my favorite!).

source (edited)

I'd tell you what's going on in my heart lately...

I'm exhausted.

I have not been in a good place spiritually for the past year and I'm tired of living like that.  How are you supposed to pursue a relationship with someone when you don't talk to them often and you don't listen to them?  

I feel like I've gotten caught up with the happenings of life that I've let my relationship with Him slip away to where I didn't even feel like reading my Bible.  I've felt so down, have been overly emotional and I know it's not about feelings, but I haven't felt close to Him until lately.

God has clearly spoken to me lately through Scripture, The Best Yes book,  sermons, my hubby, friends and my Bible study that it's taken me a year to finish.  I need to re-prioritize.

I hate admitting this, especially on here, but blogging has caused me some undue stress and I need that to change.  I have put an overwhelming amount of pressure on myself to have a "successful" blog when 1) it's not my source of income 2) I have a demanding full-time job as a CPA 3) I just do it for fun.

I suppose it's in my nature and something that I'm working on, but I have always felt the need to be the best at what I do (haha...I know my blog is nothing near the best but you get it).  I am not able to post every day, yet somehow I hold myself to those standards.  And I sacrifice time with my husband, going to the gym, reading my Bible and downtime just to get a post up sometimes.

SO....

I am letting myself free of that pressure.  No, I am not quitting, but I'm taking the pressure off of myself by allowing myself to post when I want and I have time.  I know that I risk losing readers and that makes me sad, but I hope that all of you will stick with me.

In The Best Yes, Lisa Terkeurst says "A woman who lives with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule will often ache with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul."

I don't want an underwhelmed soul anymore.  I need to focus on my relationship with God, my husband, exercising, eating well and relaxing.

Thanks for understanding, friends!  I'll still be posting!  It just may be 3 times in one week and 1 in the next.  I want to enjoy blogging and not see it as an obligation.  And I love you guys too much to quit all together!






12 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you've realized what you need to do in order to be happier and that is the first step girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Biana!! I have struggled with going to church this year too. Mostly because of my work schedule the past few months. I planned on going this past weekend but I ended up sleeping past mass time, and then I went to the gym instead. I am trying hard to find the time and also the motivation to go again. I hope that you have a great week and I'll continue to follow along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our coffee dates! I would agree with you: I've been feeling so frustrated lately. I feel like I'm always go go go with our ministry (which is great!) but I don't feel like I'm making enough quiet time for me and Him to just be. I'd ask if we could pray together and for each other because I love that we're sisters in Christ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I get you so much. The struggle is real sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes Kelli! First of all, it's not easy to talk about that with the world so I commend you for that. I am right there with you friend. I wish I was sitting across from you so I could hug you and tell you that you are not alone and I'm going through the same exact thing. I've let my relationship with Him suffer and I am determined to make changes and fix it. I love Lysa and have wanted to read that book for like a year now. Honestly, I've probably put it off on purpose, I know it's exactly what I need! Removing the pressure is something that has helped me over the last couple months, I'm still working on it a little though. Thanks for sharing your heart with us today. I wish we could meet for coffee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the hardest thing is trying to figure out what to do. But it sounds like you've got a plan and I think you'll do great! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you HAVE to do things like this not only for yourself but for your blog. When your heart isn't in it, and it feels like a chore, content will suffer anyways. Stepping back and doing what's right is the best thing you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelli, you are making the best decision! Let God restore your soul and overwhelm you with His peace. Your blog will only benefit from you nurturing your relationship with our Heavenly Father. This is just motivation for all of us to do the same.

    Happy Wednesday
    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you know how I feel about you and your blog and everything. I love you no matter what you do. You need to be true to yourself and what will ultimately make you happy. We are all very different. I work better and am happier with a busy schedule (I'm such a weirdo) but we all go through these moments of just feeling overwhelmed and like our priorities need a bit of adjusting. And that is okay Kelli. You need to focus on YOU and no matter what I will always be here. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I love this because you are so raw and honest. So powerful friend. Crazy as I just started that book on my trip! I love it. I find it very repetitive, but so powerful too!! I love the quote by Craig Groschel that says 'say no to good things, so you can say yes to better things'.

    I So admire you for pursuing what matters most. When you get to heaven, the Lord isn't going to give you a pat on your back for blogging 5x/week, but for seeking HIM (and your spouse, etc etc). Serioulsy, you rock. I appreciate your honesty and your desire to get your priorities straight! LOVE you whether you blog every day or never again xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for writing this. I am so glad you are doing what is right for you and I think that is awesome. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! I have times like that too... when I put so much stress on myself with blogging. I think it's important to know our priorities and God should always be number one.

    I was just praying (in tears) earlier today and asking God why He feels far. I quickly realized He's not... I am because as soon as I cried out to Him, I felt Him there.

    Praying for you friend. Thank you for sharing these honest and raw feelings.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!