Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Weekend Recap: Fiesta Time!!!

Howdy friends!

Our internet at home has been out for the past couple days so I wasn't able to blog.  That's why I'm bringing you my weekend recap today!

It was a busy, fun one!

First...you need to know something about San Antonio.  Every April, everyone in San Antonio drops everything and throws the biggest citywide party called Fiesta.   I'm talking...a 10 day party!  There are events going on all over the city at all times of the day for the full 10 days.  Parades, fairs, carnivals, shows, a tons and tons of food!

My work has the largest Fiesta wreath over the front door.  It's crazy huge!  We get a half day off on Friday for the Battle of Flowers parade.


Oh and I might have worn my fun, Fiesta outfit on Friday.  Got a lot of comments about my yellow jeans!

Ok they're glowing in this photo!  They're not quite that bright!

Our first experience was little different than normal, but still fun!  We went to Alamo Heights Night on Friday after work and had the hook up!  My friend got us free entry tickets and VIP wristbands.  We got into the VIP area where they had free food from Paesano's and drinks.  Delicious!

We walked around the festival, watched the cloggers, ate some fried Snickers and fried pickles.  




fried Snickers

Then it started raining (it had been throughout the day).  Thankfully we were up in the VIP area which was inside.  I think the rain kept the crowd smaller which honestly, I appreciated. 


On Saturday, we helped our friends move.  I just love our community!


On Sunday, I didn't wake up early, but I made it to Target by 10am, hoping to find some Lilly Pulitzer items still there.  This is what I found...


Haha!  Oh well.  I found some other cute items, including 2 swimsuits!  I must be getting older too because they're really modest! 

I also bought these flats that I've been eyeing for a while...


I wanted this one...it was made for me...


Then we went to church, came back home, met my sister at our house and headed to the Taste of New Orleans, another Fiesta event.  It was fun and the food was good!  It was hoooooot!  I guess it's summer here!

Like my cool hat??  Haha.  Protecting my face from the sun!!



alligator on a stick

beignets


sno cones!

 I think we got the true Fiesta experience with the crazy crowds here!

stopped by the Japanese Tea Gardens

Because it was so warm, we jumped in the pool back at home.  It was our first time in the pool at the rental house!  I loved where we lived before and now I super love it!  It was amazing!


Well that was a long one!  Thanks for sticking with me!

Have a great week, friends!

Linking up with Biana today!

8 comments:

  1. I love that outfit with the yellow pants! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome weekend and any city that has a 10 day party is pretty amazing in my book!! I love the new flats that you got and I agree, my bathing suit choices are getting a bit modest too lol! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! How fun that they have a 10 day party and how have I never heard of this before?

    You are both so photogenic!!!! My favorite picture might be of the pool ;) My favorite thing to do!! Yay warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... fried snickers definitely sounds like something I need to try! Yum!!! I may have to just plan a trip around that. ;) Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 days is craziness! So fun though. And so lucky you guys have a pool, and you don't have to take care of it, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! That looks like so much fun... and I could totally go for that FOOD right now! YUM.

    HAHA--that tank is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!!!! I love your bright outfit, and your new flats. Now you've got me craving a fried snickers. I had one once and it was a pile of melty goodness, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yellow pants are so fun! And I am DYING over that yummy food! And your warm weather!! And your new shirt! Such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!