Monday, March 30, 2015

Roadtrip | Moving | Cave Date

Hey friends!  I hope you had a great weekend, whether you were out and about or just home relaxing!

We had a busy one, but a good one.  It's going to be a busy week at work so I'm glad we got to get away for a little bit.


1 \\ We roadtripped it, first, to my hometown on Friday night.  Luci HATES sitting in the back and we got this new bench seat cover for our dogs which prevents her from jumping up front.  She stood on our bag in the back behind Kevin the whole way.  It was super cute.

2 \\ We celebrated my stepdad's birthday at a Mexican food restaurant on Friday evening.  He had to wear that hat while they sang but we got free sopapillas!

3 \\ Next, we drove to San Angelo where we helped Kevin's brother and his wife (our BIL and SIL) move into their new house on Saturday.  We filled up that horse trailer! #howcountryfolkmove

4 \\ We almost lost our nephew's slide.  Not really, but we had to check!

5 \\ On Sunday, we helped our 2 year old nephew put up his Mickey Mouse/Texas Rangers Fathead that we got him for Christmas.  He was having a blast putting the "stickers" up.  What a cutie!

6-9 \\ On our way back home, we stopped at the Caverns of Sonora for a little cave date.  My dad took me and my sisters there MANY times when we were little girls, but it had been about 20 years since I'd been there.  I really wanted to take Kevin so I was glad we had time!  It was super nostalgic for me.  It's about a 2 hour tour and it's beautiful!  I've always been so fascinating by caves.  Imagining how old the formations are blows my mind.  Oh, and I totally want to do the Discovery Challenge....wink, wink, Kevin....birthday gift?   

Hope you have a fabulous week!


Linking up with Biana today!


This Wednesday is the Monthly Faves link-up!  Let us know what your favorite beauty products, recipes, moments, workouts, links, health products, whatever during March were and come link up!  We look forward to reading your posts!


A Deeper Joy


14 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! Your step-dad looks so happy in that picture, but who wouldn't be surrounded by family!! Hope you have a great start to your week!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I love that y'all used a trailer to move - haha that's awesome! The caves look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I've thought about getting one of those benches for our car. Do you think it's worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys had a busy weekend! I'm so glad you got to go to the caves!
    And seriously, moving with a horse trailer. That is for sure country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the pictures! Looks like a fun and busy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cave tour looks like so much fun! Glad you were able to make it there! Hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your weekend was a lot of fun! Mexican food is so good, and it's so important to cherish time with our loved ones.

    Happy Tuesday :)
    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. And now I'm craving some Mexican food! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for road trips and time spent with family!! Mexican food is the perfect way to celebrate a birthday! Hope your stepdad had a happy one! :) I love that you were able to visit a cave that you went to many times as a child! I'm sure that was a blast, bringing back old memories while creating a new one with your hubby! Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend! Yay :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! The dog pic / story made me laugh. He is all about "I'll do it MY way..." ha!! ha!!! Yaaay for Mickey Mouse. I may be going to see him sooon. And those Caverns look really neat. Great pics and moments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're all about those trailers when we move. LOL! That divider for your car to keep your dog in the back looks awesome! We need to get one for our dog, Jep. He INSISTS on being co-captain right up front.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!