Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Love!

Hey friends!  It's Friday!!!!  Or as I keep seeing around blogland...FriYAY!!!

Thankfully, we just have a couple things planned this weekend - do our taxes tonight and then on Saturday, hike with friends and attend a one-year-old birthday party.


{ONE}

A few weeks ago, Joey was talking about listening to a book on tape which I thought would be a great idea for that roadtrip I took to go get my car out of the shop in Waco.  I downloaded the Audible app on my phone and purchased "Leaving Time" by Jodi Picoult.

I really really enjoyed it!  The story is great and it was so fun to listen to it every time I was in the car or had any downtime - I wanted to know what would happen next.  It's very touching as well as suspenseful.  I thought the whole psychic bit was hokey but it still made for a great story.


Have any of you read it too?


{TWO}

I want to ask for your prayers.  Kevin's aunt is in the hospital and has been since Friday when she was found unconscious.  She's still in a coma and we're not sure what is happening.  Please pray that she'll wake up soon!


{THREE}

I made this Fajita Chicken Bake recently and it was delicious!  I know the cheese isn't super healthy, but other than that, it totally is healthy and really easy to make.



{FOUR}

We're hiking at a local state park tomorrow morning and I'm pumped!  This is one of the reasons that I was excited to move to the Texas Hill Country.  I'm getting some use out of my hiking boots!



{FIVE}

Speaking of athletic shoes, I'm in desperate need of some new running shoes.  What brand do you recommend?  I'm hoping to get some this weekend!  Maybe then I'll run more...ha!


Have a fabulous weekend, friends!! XOXO


Linking up with KarliAprilErika and Amanda today!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

15 comments:

  1. I hope you have a ton of fun on your hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for Kevin's aunt. <3 Love fajitas, and that bake looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing ;) Enjoy your hike this weekend!! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE audible! I could read a million books because they're read to me. I even listen to my bible on the you version app! I will be praying for Kevin's aunt, so scary! Enjoy your weekend Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh...sending lots of prayers over your way for Kevin's aunt that is awful!! Hope you have a great weekend love! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! Praying for his aunt! Please keep us updated. Is she close by?

    So awesome you get to go hiking - absolutely love that!

    As far as shoes, HIGHLY recommend getting your feet fitted. People don't understand the importance of seeing if they have over/under pronation, etc and what works for someone most definitely will not work for someone else!!! There are a lot of websites online that can help you with this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Saucony running shoes.
    That fajita bake-mmm!

    Soo sorry about Kevin's aunt. I'll be thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of prayers Kelli!

    Definitely get your feet fitted. You can do some online sites to guess how you run, but I was way off when I did those and actually going to a store showed me exactly how I run. I am 100% a Mizuno girl. That's the only shoes I'll wear. So good for distance running.

    Have fun hiking this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad to hear about Kevin's aunt. I can't wait to read that book, Jodi is my fav!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fajita chicken bake looks so yummy! I'm so sorry to hear about his aunt! That's really really scary and I'll be praying for her and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be putting that fajita bake on my list... yum!
    Also, I'll be praying for his Aunt. How scary! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. That recipe just made me SO hungry!!!! Praying for Kevin's aunt - that's so scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jodi Picoult is my favorite author! I've read a ton of her books (not this one though!). I recently purchased ASICS and they are amazing! I don't get shinsplints when I run anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending my prayers for Kevin's aunt! I hope she is doing well <3 I've never read any Jodi Picolut because I'm afraid they're going to be so sad-- I should probably just suck it up and read one because I always hear such good things about her books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying, praying, praying! And definitely checking out that book - Jodi Picoult is my favorite author but I haven't read this one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How is his Aunt? I said a prayer!! <3 I hope she is okay!! That recipe looks sooooo goooood!! I'm going to have to make that for sure. My hubby will LOVE it too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!