Monday, March 23, 2015

Epic Baking Fail & Other Weekend Shenanigans

Oh Monday...why do you have to come so quickly?!

It was a good weekend though it rained the whole time.  I so appreciate the rain though.  I know later in the summer, we'll be wishing that we had more!  Thank you, Jesus, for blessing us with it now!

So I've been working late all this week so I haven't been good at reading blogs, much less posting.  I made it to one 5:45am spin class though - I call that a success!

Friday evening I worked from home and started my new addiction....Downton Abbey.  It seems like everyone has been talking about how great it is and I kept trying to find a way to start from the beginning.  I found out that my coworker has seasons 1-3 on DVD!  Woo hoo!  So I am borrowing it and am just a couple episodes in.


OH!  And my Young Living Essential Rewards order came in and that is always an exciting day!


On Saturday, we had a couple friends over and grilled burgers.  We were supposed to chill outside and play tailgate games but due to the rain, we just hung out inside.  It was still fun.  Then we headed to the Texas Rangers Exhibition Game at the Alamodome.  It's the one Rangers game in San Antonio since there is no professional baseball team here.  It's going to be really weird not going to a ton of Rangers games this year.  We usually have season tickets.  We are really missing the Ballpark in Arlington!




Ok, I'm so embarrassed to share this with you, but whatever, it's pretty funny.

I had the biggest baking fail ever on Saturday.  I was using Meg's recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies but without the oatmeal...so basically chocolate chip cookies.  I realized that I didn't have normal flour, just gluten free flour that I bought back when we did our cleanse.

So I think I used too little flour since I left out the oatmeal.  I also used coconut palm sugar in place of regular white sugar.  Other than that, I did everything right!

And this is what happened....



Hahaha!  It looks like one big flat cookie!  They wouldn't harden and you certainly couldn't pick them up.  Oddly enough, they actually tasted pretty good if you ate it with a spoon.  

This is Kevin totally expecting them to be terrible...



Stinker!  We got a good laugh out of it!

Sunday we had a meeting, church and our lifegroup!  Sundays are my favorite!

What did you do this weekend?


Linking up with Biana!



18 comments:

  1. Baking gluten free is so hard! We have had our share of failures as well haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Downton Abbey support group. "Hi Kelli"

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the baking fail! That happens to me way too often!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookie adventure made me laugh! As long as they taste good, that's all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Kevin did not look pleased at all!! Sounds like you had a great weekend though!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Your cookie mishap looks like some of mine do! As long as they still taste good, who cares?! Glad you had a good weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at your giant cookie sheet- that sounds like something that would happen to me too, I'm glad they weren't too bad tasting though! I'm so happy you're starting Downton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee. That baking fail is pretty funny. I've had that happen to me before. Also, I would LOVE to find someone I could borrow Downton Abbey from! I need to start asking around! :-) Have fun watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girlfriend, every.single.one of my cookies that I bake from scratch comes out like that!! Hence, store bought cookies are my BFF's until I can master the art of baking cookies again. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl there are so many things wrong with that baking fail, haha! Excited for you to try the Live 5! And the mouthwash is super spicy. Like holy cow spicy!
    It's baseball season now? I can't take this. Baseball and basketball. Ugh. Bring back football, haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG ... I can so relate about the baking fail. I was even gonna post about my recent baking fail, but I was so embarrassed haha! I tried to follow Mix and Match Mama's chocolate chip pie, and it ended up being a disaster. SO GROSS tasting and terribly slimy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we lived in Kansas City we went to Royals games all the time. now that we're at least three hours away from the stadium, we're lucky to get there a few times a season. We miss it too!

    And lol at those cookies. Sometimes when we're being fatties we'll just plop a huge blob of cookie dough on a cookie sheet, bake it for just a couple minutes, and then eat the melted dough with a spoon. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think they still look good. Haha! I would just throw it in a bowl with a giant scoop of icecream... yum! :) I've also thought of starting Downtown Abbey. I'm always late to the party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah!! Those cookies, haha!! I have totally had something VERY similar happen to me, ha!! And how are you liking Downton??!! I'm one of those obsessed with it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to snicker at the cookies... lol. Too funny.

    I love Downton Abbey. We've watched seasons 1-5. It's soooo good.

    Such a fun post.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!! Funny baking moment. It's a delicious SMOOSH. hee hee. I had an error with my banana bread recently,... hmmmm. The game looked fun. Friends, burgers, grill??? I'm all about that!!! Fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!