Wednesday, March 11, 2015

10 Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin

Happy Wednesday, friends!

If you've been around my blog for a while, you know that I love natural alternatives for beauty products.  I use coconut oil as makeup remover, lotion, moisturizer, in cooking and with my essential oils.  I'm learning about other oils as well such as almond oil, grapeseed oil and avocado oil and their health benefits.

Today, Rida from Beautiful You, is guest posting to talk about the benefits that almond oil can provide for your skin.


1 // Make-up Remover

Almond oil is very light. Even though it’s an oil, there’s nothing oily about it. It absorbs into your skin very quickly and if you wipe it off, it wipes off. It does a very good job at removing eye makeup. Mascara and eye liner come off pretty well too. And the best thing about it is that it doesn’t clog your skin.
                      

2 // Scrub

Almond oil can be used to make facial scrub because it can act as a sugar and salt carrier. So it can be used as the carrier oil. Basically, sugar or salt in a scrub work as a remover of dirt and dry skin from the face. Afterwards a moisturizer is necessary for the scrubbed skin and almond oil works as that moisturizer. Almond scrub is very easy and convenient to make because it consist of ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen cabinet.

3 // Skin cell Renewal

Almond oil renews skin cells and invigorates body. It makes your skin look a lot fresher, younger and revived. This is a natural way to bring life back to your skin.

4 // Anti-Inflammatory Properties

Almond oil consists of zinc which helps in healing wounds. People have also claimed that almond oil gives a soothing effect on their allergic skin. Minor wounds are also healed using almond oil. But it might not be good for some people’s skin, so before using it to treat any wounds do a small patch test just to be sure that it suits you.

5 // Skin Whitening

There are a tons of skin whitening products in the market but they consist of chemicals which some people have a problem with. Almond oil improves complexion and dark spots are also reduced with time.

6 // Dark Circles

If you’ve dark under eye circles then apply a little bit of almond oil on that area before you go to sleep and you let it work while you sleep. After a couple of weeks you’ll notice that the area around your eyes will look a lot fresher and awake.
  
7 // Pain Relief

Almond oil can be used for pain relief too. If you warm up some almond oil and massage the area that hurts then you’ll notice that the discomfort goes away.

8 // Nails

The potassium and the zinc in almond oil helps the nails become stronger and healthier. You can rub a few drops of almond oil on your nails and cuticles after washing your hands and you’ll see the difference.

9 // Hand or Foot Cream

Almond oil is very light and comparatively less greasy. It absorbs into your skin instantly. That’s why it’s an excellent substitute for hand and foot creams.

10 // Reduces Signs of Aging

Almond oil massages increase blood circulation and tightens wrinkly and aging skin.
 It is also known for renewal of skin cells and invigoration of body which prevent signs of aging.

This post was written by Rida Maqbool from Beautiful You.

29 comments:

  1. I'm off to buy some almond oil today - you've sold me on all the benefits!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be adding this to my routine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew! I have never used this! I guess I use coconut oil for EVERYTHING instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm sold. I've been curious about using oils to remove makeup at night. So do you just rub it in and then wipe it off with a wet washcloth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds incredible!!!! Where can I purchase this???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been all about the coconut oil but I'm intrigued with almond oil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been using sunflower seed oil, olive oil, and castor oil on my face at night and have been LOVING the results! But now I'm tempted to go buy some almond oil too, it sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always use coconut oil for beauty but you're swaying me to almond oil!

    You sold me when you shared the info about dark circles... I have some pretty bad ones.

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Nice! I didn't know. I will have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Almond oil is one I've never tried, but after this I may have to pick some up. I had no idea it had so many benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's great. Thanks for the informative post you shared.
    essential oils weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
    commencer le footing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    quick & easy workout hairstyles

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information and nice collection.
    Short Hairstyles on Little Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really great news. Thank you for sharing it with us!
    essential oils

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ....You have beautifully presented your thought in this blog post. I admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
    aromatherapy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Chru

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quite informative article you have posted.Thanks for sharing.
    skin rejuvenation

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really very creative article shared by you. We AOS Products want to join you, so share joining procedure. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I appreciate your blog and another helpful blog about the beard balm thank you for sharing this.
    beard balm

    ReplyDelete
  23. The best skin care shops are not only the right products but also healthy diet. The given article will show you how to have the best skin care regimen by combining a healthy diet with the right products. Face beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  24. Healthy skin is the scope of practices that bolster skin honesty including sustenance, evasion of over the top sun introduction, and suitable utilization of emollients; that improve appearance, for example, utilization of makeup, botulinum, shedding, fillers, laser reemerging, microdermabrasion, peels, retinol treatment; and that remediate skin separate and calm skin conditions.Pure Almond Oil

    ReplyDelete
  25. Healthy skin is the scope of practices that bolster skin respectability including nourishment, shirking of unnecessary sun presentation, and suitable utilization of emollients; that upgrade appearance, for example, utilization of beautifying agents, botulinum, shedding, fillers, laser reemerging, microdermabrasion, peels, retinol treatment; and that remediate skin separate and ease skin conditions.
    Buying Essential Oils

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!