Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekending + A Cleanse This Week!

Hey friends!  Sorry I've been away for so long!  This is a busy time for CPAs...boo tax provision.  I've been working late hours.  I think it's finally slowing down so hopefully I'll get home at a decent time.

Friday we were bums - I got home late and we went to bed early.

Saturday I went to a 5k hosted by my new church.  It was cold!!  But I had a great time...I'm getting to know my new small group and I love them.

That night, I had sushi and wine.  My favorite!  (mostly because I can't have either of those this week)...



So this week, Kevin and I are starting the Clean Program!  We're excited!  I've done it before and I felt the best I've ever felt in my life.


It's pretty simple.  We just do a smoothie for breakfast and for dinner and then have a solid lunch.  You cut out certain foods that people are typically allergic to or have digestion issues with.  

Basically, these are the guidelines...

EAT

whole vegetables, leafy greens
whole fruits & berries
wild fish, organic chicken and turkey
brown rice, quinoa, gluten-free grains
beans, legumes, lentils
nuts, seeds, & nut butters
avocado & coconut oil
green tea, yerba mate
stevia

DON'T EAT

gluten
dairy
beef, pork, eggs, raw fish
corn, soy
tomatoes, eggplants, peppers,
potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes
bananas, strawberries, oranges,
grapes
peanuts, peanut butter
coffee, soda, alcohol
processed sugar

Here is more info and the reason behind the cleanse...


I hope to be able to post this week!  Miss you, friends!!

Linking up with Biana today!!

11 comments:

  1. Your saturday night = my kind of night!!! I can't wait to hear how the cleanse goes for you - this is one I've never heard of before!! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a version of Clean with lean protein that was grass fed...Let me know how this goes this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the same eating plan we follow -- just minor tweaks and a different name! We don't do any rice or beans. How long are you planning on doing it for? Isn't it great eating healthy and working out?

    I love that your church did a 5K! How awesome is that!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cleanse looks interesting and worth trying...even for someone who is so picky! I'm glad it is not a liquid only cleanse, I have to have something tangible. Do you skip lunch entirely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The do not eat list is interesting. I'm surprised you can't have bananas. Good luck with it! Since we'll most likely be in Phoenix in 2 week's we're doing this other cleanse thing K read about in the 4 hour body. He's obsessed with that book. Like to the point where he's taking freezing cold showers b/c it seems to really work....so he says.
    Glad things are slowing down at work too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a perfect weekend to me- wine (I miss) sushi (I miss) haha Happy Monday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the cleanse! I love that you're getting so acquainted with your small group! And for some reason reading about the 5k makes me want to do another race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! Hang in there with the busy tax season :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm sushi! So jealous. That has been sounding so good lately. Good luck with your cleanse and with busy season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, so many of my favorites are on the don't eat list! I don't know if I could give up bananas, strawberries and oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you on the cleanse (says the girl who's noshing on a bowl of chips right now)!

    I started intensely working out too... I really should do something like this. The food lists look very similar to Whole 30.

    Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

    PS - I love wine and sushi too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!