Friday, January 30, 2015

All I think about is food...

Hey friends!  Sorry I've dropped off the face of the blog-earth lately!

I know I say this every time, but seriously, work is just crazy.  I'm hoping things slow down a bit so that I can get home at a decent time and spend a little time working on the blog.

I'm trying to keep up with reading some posts but I haven't been wonderful.  Please forgive me!

First things first...NEXT Wednesday is the Monthly Faves link-up!  Get your posts ready to share!  I can't wait to read what your January favorites were!

A Deeper Joy

Since work is NOT exciting to blog about, food kept coming to mind when I thought of this week.  So today's post mostly revolves around food. Ha!  Our cleanse last week was great!  I felt great and lost a few pounds.  Now that the Superbowl is coming up, I'm gaining it back - grrr!

And here's why...

{ONE}

This week, I made Ali's "Best Chicken Enchiladas Ever".  They were pretty darn delicious!  I wish I had made my sauce using her red enchilada sauce recipe though.  I used store-bought but next time, I'm making hers!



{TWO}

Ok here's my only healthy food item!  I bought this Naturade Soy Protein from HEB (also found on Amazon) and it's pretty good!  I'm tired of the flavor of my vegan protein so I needed a change. My smoothies taste MUCH better using this protein.



{THREE}

I start salivating when I think of Superbowl party foods!  On Sunday, we're going to a party with some of our new church friends and I'm bring a couple of my favorite (unhealthy) snacks.  I'll be making jalapeno poppers!


And because we're talking jalapeno poppers, here are a couple of my favorite recipes that you'll love!




{FOUR}

I don't have a photo of this, but listen up!  My hubby's queso is the best queso ever.  It's VERY unhealthy so we don't make it often, but it's perfect for parties like this.  Here are the ingredients:

Ground beef (cook in Ortega taco sauce)
Velveeta cheese
Tostitos jarred queso
Green chilis

That's it.  It's amazing!  I think it's the taco sauce that makes it a little more unique.


{FIVE}

Did you see Tiffany's Game Day recipes??  I drooled reading this post.  She's heading to AZ for the Superbowl because she and her hubby are crazy Seahawks fans!  I'm sure she'll have some fun stuff to talk about after so don't forget to check it out next week!



Have a great weekend, friends!  Be safe and enjoy the festivities!

Linking up with Karli, April, Erika and Amanda today!




12 comments:

  1. Jalopeno popper dip sounds SO freaking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good looking food! Jalapeno poppers always sound sooo good to me, but I'm not the best with spicy food so I don't think I would ever actually eat them, haha. The dip sounds amazing though! I hope you guys have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I am alllll about gameday grub!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foooooood. Can I have it all and have it right now???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jalapeno poppers are a MUST for the Super Bowl! Love the addition of bacon on these, yummm. Marking my calendar for the linkup next Wednesday - can't wait! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuuummm. Now I'm ready for some queso for lunch! haha. I can't believe you're still blogging being a CPA. My hubs has zero spare time these days! It sucks. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foooooddddddd..... I love food. Happy Friday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl! I love food, but can't have any of these ;) Eat some for me!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - these all look so amazing! I'm a huge jalepeno popper gal, so I'll definitely be checking out those recipes! Hope you have a fab weekend! xoxo, - M @ The Sequin Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. girlie I been away from the blogging world for a bit to because I had surgery . But I'm glad to be back . Life just happens and it is ok. The food looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! We've been eating pretty good down here. I'm for sure doing a post next week....hopefully. Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just made me so hungry with all these recipes :) Superbowl foods are my favorite because I just love appetizers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!