Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with My Hubby

I recently read a post by Maggie at Sparks from the Soul called Creative Ways to Love Your Spouse This Christmas.  It really resonated with me and made me start thinking about ways that I can love my hubby during this crazy season.  Things can be so busy and sometimes we lose sight of what really matters during Christmas - first and foremost, God's gift to us, Jesus Christ and secondly, loving our families.

Family isn't always a positive thing for some people so Christmas can be hard.  Sometimes it brings back bad memories or reminds us of what we don't have.  So I am trying to make it a point to love others, specifically my husband, in unique ways.  I'm still brainstorming and wish I had started sooner!

I just wanted to share one simple way that I got from Maggie...

I'm doing the 12 Days of Christmas Cards for him and it's fun!  Each day, he turns over a card a it either has a compliment/encouragement, an activity for us to enjoy together or a gift for him.


I'm hoping that he feels special and extra loved this Christmas.

What are some ways that you show special love to others during this season??


**Oh...and today's my birthday!  Yay!  I'm turning 21 :)  Ha!  I wish!!!  Enjoying some time with my family this evening!

17 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea and will probably have to steal it for next year! This isn't really holiday related by we have a three year Q&A book so each night we try to sit down and answer the question of the day - it's a fun conversation starter!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!

    We love this time of year, we love to spend extra time together and not get overwhelmed with the shopping!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!! Hope you will share your ideas in another post! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! This is such a cute idea. I love it! Definitely share some of your ideas for these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's your birthday?! Happy birthday!!!!!
    I love the 12 days of Christmas idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And this is seriously a great idea! I'm seeing so many awesome ideas floating around blogland that next christmas is going to be thebomb.com because I'm so stealing all of the great ideas! This included!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl! I love this idea! Maybe I can still use it and do the 9 days of Christmas, haha ;) Hope you are having the happiest of birthdays friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet idea! Also... Happy Birthday!!!!!!! I hope you have a fabulous day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Kelli!!!! This is such a cute lil idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that idea! I remember seeing that too and thinking about doing that for my husband. Happy happy HAPPY birthday to you!!! I hope you have a day full of love, cake, and family time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks cute! Love that you decided to do that for Kevin. Happy birthday my dear friend. I hope this next year brings you lots of joy and happiness. Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous idea! I may do this leading up to a big event that he has this spring. Thanks for sharing, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet idea! I like how cute it looks too.

    Happy belated birthday Kelli!

    I hope you had a lovely celebration.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute idea and a good reminder of what's important during this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day :) I love this idea-- you're so right on about getting easily overwhelmed during this time of the year. I know I'm definitely guilty of doing that! I'm going to check out that post- thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!