Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Goals // Happy New Year!

Happy New Year's Eve folks!!!!

So...I'm not a big New Year's Resolutions kind of gal, but this year I thought I'd at least set some goals for 2015.  They're not high and lofty, but just some areas in which I need improvement and I want to get them in writing.



ONE \\ Spend time with the Lord daily.  This is the most important one which is why I'm putting it first.  I feel like it's something I have to re-commit myself to often because I fall off the wagon constantly.  I haven't been good at this and have found myself down quite often. I know that this is the answer to it, yet it seems hard to do lately.  Lately, I choose Netflix over time with my Best Friend and Father. Will you please pray for me?  Please pray for that passion and desire to do it every day.

TWO \\ I know this is so cliche, but....establish a workout schedule.  Here's the truth - I've gained 10 lbs in the last year and though I'm not going to obsess over weight, I'd like to fit back into some of my jeans. :)  AND, when I'm exercising regularly, I just feel better overall.

THREE \\ Along with #2, make it to my gym's spin class at 5:45am MWF.  Getting up that early is tough for me, but I know that if I get into the routine, it's not tough anymore.

FOUR \\ Get involved in a church here in San Antonio.  We think we've found one we like which is exciting!  We're joining a small group starting next week so we'll start getting to know people that way.

FIVE \\ Spend more time with my sisters.  Now that I'm close to my sisters, it's so much easier to see them than when I was in Dallas.  With the hustle and bustle of life, I sometimes go weeks without seeing them so I want to make an effort to see them more often.

SIX \\ Work on letting only positive things come out of my mouth.  Sometimes I find myself complaining instead of using my words to encourage others and glorify God.  I want to live by this verse...


Have fun and be safe tonight, friends!  I hope the Lord blesses your year to come!

Linking up with Andrea today!!!

18 comments:

  1. So glad you're working on finding a church! It really makes such a difference when you move to a new place! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some great goals and achievable ones! Happy New Year lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my main goal this year is to spend more time with the Lord daily. In the last several years He's practically been punching me in the stomach to remember Him. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely send up prayers for you. I'm kind of in the same boat, so I'm exciting to be joining in on a bible reading plan over at womenlivingwell.org. Maybe check it out... I'm hoping it will help me stay accountable. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you've found a church, that will be great! You're right, I've been going to the 5 am Pure Barre class in Tulsa (30 min drive there) and I've actually started to really enjoy it. You get used to it ;) I don't really have any resolutions either - continue to keep up with my workouts, focus more on Him, and be a better friend/wife/daughter! Happy new year Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah... the positive things one--YES! That's something I've been trying to work on, too. I don't want to become bitter, or a negative person. I love that goal.

    Happy New Year, sweet Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals Kelli! I didn't set any goals for myself for 2015 besides to live my life. I think the positive words goal is so good! I'm terrible about that sometimes (as we both know). And super excited you found a church! I really hope it's the one for you guys!
    Have a great time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome about finding a church and starting a small group!

    Praying for y'all and for 2015 to bring you everything you've always wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Small groups are such a blessing. I swear, I grew so much closer to God after we got involved in one. Now, they are like family! Also, I second your first goal - spending more time with God. HAPPIEST 2015 to y'all with your life in S.A. Praying yall are immensely blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Friend! So glad to hear you have found a church!! wahooooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great resolutions! Good luck on your workout goals! I have quite a few quick workouts you can do at home you should check them out!

    Happy New Year!

    XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you figure out a way to make 5:45 less painful, share all the secrets! I'm also trying to stick to a workout schedule, but I don't think I can commit to that early! You're totally my hero!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your goals are very similar to mine! I just started really using my Bible App on my iPad and I love it! I think it will help me to do that first when I pick up my iPad in the mornings to check Bloglovin. Happy New Year, Kelli! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gret post! Love your blog!!:)
    I follow you now via GFC. If u like u can follow my blog too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your resolutions... and I've enjoyed reading everyone's goals for the year. Awesome stuff!

    I just started reading Prayfit - it's awesome! I think it could help you accomplish #1 and #2; check it out when you have a chance.

    Ephesians 4:29 was one of the first scriptures I memorized (I have a song I made up so I can remember it). I actually can "say" it without singing it LOL.

    Happy New Year!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That verse from Ephesians is such a good one to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like some good goals and I love the variety of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm praying for you, Kelli! You can be praying the same for me -- it is so easy to veg when I'm tired instead of be intentional about my time and spend specific time with Lord each day. I am with you! I can't wait to hear how your small group goes! Getting involved in community and serving at church has been a HUGE blessing for our family. It is a pattern we want to impart on our kids -- I'm so glad you are making it a priority! Enjoy this year and these wonderful goals! I can't wait to hear how things are progressing!
    Thanks for linking up your post on My Monthly Goals!
    Much Love,
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!