Friday, November 28, 2014

Full of Gratefulness!

Hey friends!  Thank you all for your very sweet words to me on Monday.  I feel so supported and prayed for and that's huge!  Don't know what I'd do without my bloggy friends!

I hope your Thanksgiving yesterday was awesome!  We had ours at my sister's house which was a blast.  I'm so thankful that I'm so close to my family now!



So in light of everything I've been feeling lately, I decided to be pretty intentional about hanging out with the friends that I do have near me.  I had the whole week off and I kept myself pretty busy.


{ONE}

Last weekend, the hubs and I did a last minute date weekend which was much needed!  We drove to Waco on Saturday for the Baylor football game.  It was pouring rain all day but that didn't stop the fun.  The new stadium is AMAZING!


He's huge!  I'm 5'8"!




I also got to see my friend, Leah, there!




{TWO}

We stayed the night in Temple and got to have brunch at this AWESOME little restaurant called Megg's Cafe.  I had Eggs Benedict for the first time...yeah, first time!  And they were amazing!



{THREE}

Then we spent Sunday in Austin at Spirit Fest - an all day Christian music festival.  It was actually pretty darn awesome.  We saw Gungor, Jamie Grace, Mercy Me, Shawn McDonald, Kutless, Building 429, Tedashii and Jeremy Camp.  We left before Chris Tomlin because it was late and we still had to drive back to San Antonio.

It was awesome worshipping the Lord with so many people.  I especially loved singing I Can Only Imagine and Greater with Mercy Me.




{FOUR}

Then on Monday, I drove BACK to Austin to hang out with a couple friends.  I got to spend time with a friend and her two little girls (photo below) and then have sushi with another friend that evening (totally forgot to snap a photo...sad).


I wore my new yellow jeans and Aztec print sweater :)  I love them!



{FIVE}

On Tuesday, my BFF from growing up came to see me!  She lives about an hour away where my parents are.  We mostly shopped.  And sorry, that's the best photo we could get.  Her son was a sweetie and tried his hardest! :)


It's been a great week! I needed this little break for sure!  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!


Linking up with The Farmers WifeSeptember FarmA Liz Adventures and The Good Life Blog today! (even though some are off today)

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a great week!! I'm hungry just looking at that brekkie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you got to do so much this week while you were off work. So jealous! That cafe sounds amazing and I'm so glad you and Kevin got to go to a Baylor game. Fun times!
    Have a great weekend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is that your first time having eggs benedict! It's one of my favorites, and I hate that I haven't been able to have any since I've been pregnant. Although I don't normally go the traditional way of having them, instead my favorite version replace the ham with crab cake, which I think makes them even more awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many lovely and wonderful things happening in your world... I love the intentions you shared here - to focus on the blessings of family and friends.

    The first time you had eggs benedict?! What?! That's unreal!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a fun time! I love a week filled with friends. We all need that once in a while. I hope your Thanksgiving was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dangit. it ate my comment. i quit. love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE eggs benedict. It's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!