Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Favorites: Hawaii Edition!!!

Remember last month??  When I had all of these makeup/beauty favorites?!

Well...totally opposite in September!  Haha!  I still haven't even gotten my Ipsy bag because they sent it to my old address.  I only wore makeup one day while in Hawaii.  It was awesome.

So my September Favorites are some of my favorite moments in Hawaii that were captured on my iPhone.  I have yet to go through my photos on my good camera.  We went all over the island of Kauai!  I hope you enjoy!

(Link up below!!!!  And check out Mia's monthly faves!)

Favorite Moments in Kauai

Awesome time with my sisters...


A plethora of Hawaiian Mai Tai's...


Menehune Pond where part of Indiana Jones was filmed...


A real Hawaiian luau...




Hiking in Waimea Canyon...




Kauai sunsets...

(from Spouting Horn)

(from Polihale Beach)

This ahi poke tower with purple sweet potato chips...


My sister getting engaged at the top of Wailua Falls...


This view from our back porch after the rain...


Call me crazy, but the best hot dog I've had in my life (homemade bread, Polish sausage, mango relish, spicy jalapeno garlic sauce, Hawaiian mustard)...


This moment while we waited to head to the airport for our flight out while watching our last sunset...




Aloha!!!

Now we'd love to read about your September Favorites!  Share your favorite recipes, beauty products, moments with friends and family, books, workouts, anything you want.  Link up with me and Mia, link back to us and grab our Monthly Faves button.  You can still link up through the end of the month!

Thanks to everyone who has been linking up in previous months!  We love it!!!

A Deeper Joy

22 comments:

  1. Incredible pictures. It's so pretty! I've been to Hawaii once, but for sure have it on my bucket list to go again with my husband this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are gorgeous - I'm not sure there is anything better than a Hawaiian sunset!! The ahi poke tower - look incredible!! And congratulations to your sister - how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing. i love hawaii. congrats to your sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see pictures!! Looks like a fabulous time - what beautiful sunsets!!! You two are so photogenic!! And yay, you guessed that one right - congrats to your sister :) Was she surprised?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - looks like you had an amazing time in Hawaii! Waimea Canyon looks like a lot of fun to hike. I'll have to add it to the bucket list :) Congratulations to your sister, what a romantic place to get engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo I love the Hawaiian favorites!! So pretty, and CONGRATS to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! It looks like you had a wonderful time. Makes me itch to go back--today!

    The sunsets in Hawaii are the absolute BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so unprepared for this month's link up...sorry. :)
    But LOVE your photos. I'm so glad you had a good trip. And I love that your sis got engaged. So exciting! You look gorg. in that luau photo BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are amazing!! I cannot wait to hear more on the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, how I love Kauai!! Your pictures brought back so many memories. Thank you for bringing some added joy into my day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hawaii looks so beautiful! One day I will make my way there, I've always wanted to go so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your photos show what a lovely time y'all had. And, congrats to your sister for getting engaged! Now, you've made me hungry late at night with your yummy description of that hot dog. You had me at mango relish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelli. I'm Kari. I found your blog and this linkup through Jaelan and I thought I would linkup with you guys this month. :)

    Hawaii looks amazing! I'm more of a cabin in the woods person than a beach person though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Hawaii looks AMAZING! I'm so glad you guys had a good time! And congratulations to your sister! That's awesome! Such a great memory!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous!! I'm so glad you had a great time! Congrats to your sister, what a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun time! Congrats to your sister! And those drinks look mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos! Why didn't you pack me in your suitcase?! :) That hiking looks incredible.

    XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing photos!!!! And girllll, that ahi poke tower looks incredible - I'm not even kidding, I made John stop what he was doing to drool over it with me! And congrats to your sister - what a beautiful place to get engaged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AHHH how did I miss that you were going to Hawaii?!? We went last year for our honeymoon and absolutely looooved it! So glad you had a fun trip and a huge congrats to your sister! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how pictures can tell a story :) Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GOSH!!!!! You shared some of my favourite memories in Hawaii. I loved the Menehune Fish Pond - it was such a peaceful viewpoint.

    Did you go to the Smith Family Luau? It looks like the one I attended.

    PUKA DOG! OMG - I crave those like the dickens.

    I loved the Mai Tais. We stayed at a gorgeous little villa (it was super cheap too $95/night)... anyway she double-booked our last night so she put us up at the Sheraton. They had a free Mai Tai hour and oh my, did I ever gobble them up!

    I should dig up my old pics and do a Hawaii post. I would love to go back to Kauai.

    Did you have any coconut shrimp while you were there? We were hooked on a little coconut shrimp stand and went there often.

    Thanks for sharing. Man, did I ever enjoy this!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!