Friday, October 10, 2014

Oh Hey (Crazy) Friday!

Hey friends!!!  Obviously, I've been so busy that I haven't been able to post much.  I've missed my daily conversations with you and hope that you're doing well!  I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on.  Please don't give up on me! :)

Today I just want to catch you up on the happenings around here.  So here ya go....

{ONE}

We are officially out of DFW and are still living out of a suitcase in the Texas Hill Country.  We've been staying with my parents/sister as we look for jobs and a place to live in San Antonio.  I'm surprised at how well I've been able to live out of suitcase.  I only have a few options for clothing and I'm actually okay with it.  I hope to minimize my clothing once we get it all out of storage.

Speaking of storage, ALL of my fall clothes/scarves are in storage so I need to get them out!  It's very slowly starting to get cooler down here and I'm still in t-shirts and tank tops.  Ha!

{TWO}

The job search has been great!  Thankfully there's a pretty good market down here for CPAs so I've been blessed with 5 great interviews.  Thank you Jesus!  I had to break out my business suits for the first time in 5 years...fun.  5 interviews in 3 days was a bit exhausting.  They would all be wonderful companies to work for!  More to come on this soon!

{THREE}

We found an awesome rental house!!!  Our goal was to find a place near our jobs but after being down here for a little while, we've realized that traffic is NOTHING like DFW so even if you don't live by your job, the commute won't be too terrible.  I'll share more about it once we've moved in, but we're pretty excited!  The plan is to move in next Wednesday.

{FOUR}

We're on our way to visit my hubby's grandpa for the weekend!  He's now going to be 11 hours away from us which we're pretty sad about so we're excited about this time with him!  Please pray for our drive!

{FIVE}

Amidst all of this moving craziness, I get to be a part of helping my sister plan her wedding!  It's such perfect timing to be down here with her so I can see it all unfold.  We're in the middle of wedding dress shopping for her which is exciting!


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Thank you for being patient with me!  XOXOXO


Linking up with The Farmers Wife and September Farm today!


17 comments:

  1. Hope you get settled in soon! It's such a blessing that your job is in such high demand and you got so many interview. Very cool! Happy Friday!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you've got some promising job prospects!! Hope all goes well with the move! Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've missed you but totally understand! Excited for this new chapter and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been SO busy! But I'm glad things are going well for you guys! Hope all goes super well!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping my fingers crossed for you both on the job front!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, found your blog through the link-up! :) I've pretty much been in shorts and tshirts too but it's because I live in FL and the weather won't cooperate with my need to wear sweaters and boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels this weekend! That is awesome that you have a rental and job hunting is going good, can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like things are looking great for you! So glad for your interviews and finding a house. Hopefully you'll hear back soon from one of those companies - I bet you were mentally exhausted after all that! Have a great weekend and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just wondering about you! How exciting that you are interviewing and found a rental! I can't wait to see how this transition continues to pan out! Safe travels this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Kelli! It seems like everything is just falling into place. How wonderful. So glad you're back. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kelli! It seems like you're right in the pocket of where you need to be! What great news about the interviews and rental :) I'll bet you're looking forward to moving in and getting your autumn on! :) enjoy dress shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are quite the busy lady but that's sooo good!! God is blessing y'all tremendously and I know will continue to do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, lots of exciting developments! I'll being praying for your job my friend, and the commute to see Grandpa!

    Wishing you a lovely week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for all you have going on right now Kelli! And I can't wait to see pics of the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting! It sounds like there is a lot going on. Hope everything goes smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, lots of exciting changes but I'm happy to hear that all is going well! Looking forward to hearing some good news soon on the job front :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like lot's of exciting things going on! Good to read everything's going well, I'm sure you'll get your dream job very soon with all those offers--such a blessing! and I'm definitely with you on the whole minimizing the wardrobe thing, doing more with less quality not quantity. As I refine my style and focus on classic, staple pieces instead of tons of variety I find I have much less buyers remorse and actually get good use out of my purchases.

    btw months later I finally got around to that Liebster Award style post you nominated me for. Sorry it took so long!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!