Monday, September 22, 2014

{Guest Post} Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

Happy Monday folks!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend!  Since I'm still on vacation, my wonderful friend, Tiffany is taking over my blog today with a delicious recipe.  Tiffany blogs about her adorable daughter, family activities, food and fitness.  I do her booty workout often!  Such a short workout will make you super sore the next day!  She also has a new found love of essential oils which you know I love!  Can I just be sappy for a second?  If you would have told me that you can become such close friends with someone you've never met through your blog before I became a blogger, I would have thought you were weird.  Now I know it's true and NOT weird!  Tiffany is one of my closest friends now and I so value her friendship.

Take it away Tiffany...



Hi y'all!  I'm Tiffany and I blog over at A Touch of Grace.  I am so excited to be here sharing this super easy and yummy recipe with you while Kelli is off gallivanting around Hawaii.  Lucky girl!

I know how much Kelli loves bundt cakes, so I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share!  I originally found this recipe on Shay's Mix & Match Mama foodie blog, but wanted to change it up a bit and try my own version.  I love chocolate in moderation, so making a whole chocolate/chocolate chip bundt cake was a lot of chocolate for me.

I also don't normally use boxed cake mixes, but I thought I'd stick with that and see how the cake turned out. And it was goooood.  Real good.




Ingredients:
* 1 yellow box cake mix
* 2 small boxes of vanilla instant pudding
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 4 eggs
* 1 full cup chocolate chips
* Powdered sugar for dusting

Directions:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your bundt pan.
* In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, or large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and powdered sugar.  Mix until smooth.
* Fold in the chocolate chips.
* Pour into your prepared bundt pan and bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
* Let cake cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then flip over onto a serving plate.
* Dust lightly with powdered sugar.



The cake is super moist (worst word ever) and not overly sweet, which I love.  So much so that I usually eat 2 pieces in one sitting.  Oops! :)

Thanks Kelli for having me!  Have a great day everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Oohhh man that looks delicious--thanks Tiffany!

    P.S. I hope you're having a GREAT time in Hawaii, Kelli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious Tiffany. Seems easy enough to throw together too.

    Thanks so much for sharing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super easy! One of my favorite go to's now if I need to whip up something quick. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll take some of this right about now please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you're so sweet girl. Love the close friendship we've created through blogging. Hope you're having a blast in the islands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so pretty! I've always wanted to try out one of her bundt cakes- I love the twist you put on it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummmmm. I have actually used this version of a recipe minus the chocolate chips so I KNOW this cake the the bomb.com!! This looks so good, can't wait to try it! (And I'm totally laughing at your moist comment, hahaha! I always cringe when I type that too...I have a post called "Moist Chocolate Cake..ewww lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! That word kills me....just...ew....

      Delete
  7. You know what's funny? I know lots of people who hate the word 'moist' lol!! But this cake looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks just delicious! ANYTHING with yellow cake mix is fabulous in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!