Wednesday, September 3, 2014

August Favorites: Beauty Edition

Hey friends!  Sorry I've been MIA lately.  Life has been totally crazy.  I can't wait to share more details with you about what's going on.  There are big changes going on for us right now!

Mia and I are back for the Monthly Favorites link-ups!  Today I'm sharing my beauty/health favorites with you because August just seemed full of beauty products.



I'll be honest...I got this for $20 and was super impressed with myself.  Now I'm reading that there are a lot of fake ones so it could be fake.  I analyzed it using THIS site and still can't decide.  Regardless, I love it!  The natural colors are so pretty!




I'm loving this eye shadow.  I have the gold medal one (the one on the left).  It actually goes on pretty smoothly.  It's pretty shimmery so be expecting that!




If you know me at all, you know that I'm not a red lipstick kind of person!  I am so excited though!  I won Lily's fun giveaway (which I'll write more about later) and part of the bundle was this Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie.  I actually love it!  It adds the perfect amount of color to my lips without being too much and it's so smooth.  I'm in love!




Back in July, I got the NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel in my Ipsy Glam Bag.  I loved the way it felt but didn't like the color - just a little too pink for me.  I got this Creme Brulee one in my package from Lily and I LOVE it!  The color is perfect for my lips!


Now it's your turn!  We'd love to read about your August Favorites!  Grab the button below, link back to me and Mia and link up!  The link up will be open through the end of September so please feel free to link up any other monthly favorite posts throughout the month!  It's not too late if you didn't post today!


A Deeper Joy

21 comments:

  1. Creme brulee is THE BEST gloss EVER! I really do think it's my favorite. Perfect for a nude lip, OR tuning down a bright one.
    I also love the Revlon Colorbursts! They are moisturizing and give the right amount of color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the Naked palette (a few years behind) but I am so in love.. it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berry Smoothie is one of my absolute favorite (and go to!) lip colors!! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to email you about oils. Also that lipstick is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naked 2 is the only palette I don't have of that line. Even if yours is fake, if it works then great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Do you like yours?? Mine has have the qualities of the real one and half the qualities of the fake one so who knows?! I do like it! Now I just need to learn how to do it better :)

      Delete
  6. I had no idea they did fake palettes - crazy, but I have all three and the second is really my favorite!! But as long as you like it that's all that matters! Butter gloss is the best :) I need to get more colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOO it's so good to hear that you liked the Progessence Plus! Once my doc is done with all these "experiments" I'm going to suggest it to him and try it.
    Love the palete, and as long as you like it who cares if it's fake. :)
    I'm not a huge lip gloss person but I like those colors.
    Great picks my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know there were fake palettes either, but hey, all that matters is you're loving it :) So... Berry Smoothie, Creme Brulee and 4 of those Bare Minerals shadows are some of my all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you included an essential oil! I haven't really done much with my "beauty" routine since it's about 1,289 degrees in August in Texas, but I'm looking forward to getting back into a makeup groove once it falls below the triple digits and my face won't melt off 30 seconds after putting it on :) Oils though, I'm always into finding new ones! Those are year-round for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah true! It is hot here! I don't know why this month was so makeup-y but it was! Between my Ipsy bag, winning Lily's giveaway and finding some awesome deals, I got a lot of new stuff. Oils are definitely year round for me too! They've been life changing!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are loving your oil! Yay! I need a Kelli life update please :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen these little Bare Minerals shadows!? Whaaaat! LOL! They sound great! I feel like BM has really stepped it up lately....
    I'm SO glad you are liking your things! Yay!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this link up! I will be joining... as soon as I have time to post! :) I received the NYX butter gloss in my ipsy bag in July, as well- I got creme brulee and the color wasn't good for me (I AM a red lipstick person!) ;) I was sad that the color didn't work for me because I have heard amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whaat? How did you get it for $20! So crazy that the real and "fake" one looks so much alike! Butter glosses are so nice- I've never tried that color but it sounds gorgeous! I hope all is well with you guys since selling your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here I am explaining why I am not linking up...again...fail! But I do love these products. The only palette I've used from urban decay was a blush palette and I loved it!! I need to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i tend to wear the N2 in the fall a lot, so i can't wait to bring it back out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been wanting the Naked palette. Where did you find yours? Fake or real....if it's good, it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am adoring using essential oils right now. They truly do help many symptoms.

    XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  19. The NYX butter glosses are so hit or miss for me! I have a couple that I'm not a big fan of but then I'm obsessed with the Tiramisu!! It's my favorite over ANY lip gloss I own!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!