Friday, August 29, 2014

We sold our house!!!!!

Hey friends!!!  I have some really great news that I've been holding back for a while now!

WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!!  I've been afraid to say anything in case the deal fell through, but we're done!  We closed on Wednesday!

Let's back up a little.  We had been fixing it up to make it perfect and attractive for potential buyers.  People said it was a seller's market (in Texas) and I didn't believe them but I was blown away!  Guys, it went on the market on July 25, we got an offer on July 27 and closed on August 27!  That month in between was a bit stressful because we didn't know if the buyers would back out, had to do repairs, keep it perfectly clean every day, negotiate and negotiate but we made it to the end!  Thank you Jesus!

Which brings me the first of my 5 random things this week...

{ONE}

This has been our house for a week.  In fact, it's much worse now.  We have to be out of the house on Sunday so we'll be moving all weekend!  Forgive me for being behind on my blog reading (and posting for that matter)!  I promise I haven't forgotten about you!



{TWO}

I finally got a Jillian Michaels workout video!  Tiffany suggested this video so I got it and am excited to start doing it!  Have any of you done this one before?



{THREE}

I got this slow cooker Jambalaya recipe from Bekah and we loved it!  I highly recommend it.  It's easy, healthy and it made a decent amount so I had leftovers for work!

AND a huge congrats to Bekah who just had a little bitty baby.... I'm so excited for her!!



{FOUR}

Ok let's pretend that I didn't just talk about a great workout and healthy jambalaya.  BJ's Brewhouse has a new pizookie called the Peanut Butter S'mores Pizookie!  HOLY YUM!!!  It's a triple chocolate pizookie covered in a layer of peanut butter with roasted marshmallows on top AND vanilla ice cream.  We had one in celebration of selling our house!



{FIVE}

Can you believe that August is almost over?!  You know what that means!  The Monthly Faves link-up is back!  Get your posts ready for next Wednesday and link up with me and Mia.  Grab the button below for your post.  We're excited to hear about what you loved in August!

A Deeper Joy


Have a lovely weekend, friends!


Linking up with The Farmers Wife and September Farm!

27 comments:

  1. Yayyy congrats on your big house news and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off - congratulations on selling your house - that is fantastic and hope the move goes smoothly for you!! Jillian Michael's workouts are no joke!! Hope you have a great long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! What great news about your house!! The whole buying/selling process can be so stressful, so I'm glad it seemed to run seamlessly for you. I hope that the moving goes well this weekend! Where are y'all moving to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy!! We're moving to San Antonio which we're excited about!! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on selling your house! That's really encouraging, considering we may be looking at moving sometime over the next year (?? who knows??) and the thought of selling our house makes me anxious. Also, that pizookie looks amaaaaaaazing. Those are pretty hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really sure if my last comment that I tried to type went through or got eaten up but - Yay yay yay on selling ya'lls house so quickly!! That's beyond exciting for you guys. And that pizookie thing up there looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohooo CONGRATS you two on the SOLD sign!!! How exciting! That is the exact Jillian DVD I use and its great! Have a fabulous weekend girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you guys! Kelli, that dessert, I may have to travel there simply for THAT! And to see you of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! So excited for you! I wish I was there to help you move. I just did that video yesterday and my booty is hurting this morning. I like it better than the 30 Day Shred.
    Good luck finishing packing my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahoo - Love how God worked out all the details!!! Exciting - that is FOR sure :) Just in time for your awesome vacay coming up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wohooo! Congratulations you guys! That's awesome that it sold that fast!!
    Mmmm, that dessert...looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jillian is a beoooootch. YAY YOU SOLD THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! And I'm pretty sure we have the same couch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!!!! Congratulations on selling your house!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) CONGRATS!!!!

    2) I am freaking OUT over that pazookie. If I dont get to taste that very soon, I may cry. Actually - I take that back - I WILL cry!!!

    3) Jillian Michaels and I have become BFFs lately - she's always on my TV haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on selling your house!!! I know that you and Kevin must be so relieved. I hope y'all have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, my gosh that pizookie? I mean WHAT!? haha! And congrats on selling your house! Good luck with all the moving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eek! I can't wait for the monthly favorites link up!

    Uhh--and CONGRATULATIONS on selling your house! That's so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on selling your house!! So excited for you! That was really quick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY for selling the house!! What a relief/load off of your shoulders that has to be! And I don't know what a pizookie is but anything with peanut butter + s'mores sounds amazing to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Congratulations for selling that awesome house! Anyway, that peanut butter s'mores pizookie looks divine. The photo just caught my cravings. It totally looks mouth-watering and heavenly. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Kelli! I'll be looking forward to your future posts about your new house. All the best! :)

    Veronica Perry @ First Fairway Realty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica! We were so blessed by that sale. So blessed! We moved to San Antonio and plan on renting for a while so no new house to post about :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. That jambalaya does look healthy. I would try it. I don't think snacking a few times a week can really hurt. If you are working out a little bit more to make up for those times when you snack, it will be okay for you to do it. Congrats on selling the house. I can imagine how excited you both are.

    Elton Rousseau @ Hancock And Partners

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations for successfully selling of your house. I understand your hesitation. We had a deal fall through one hour before closing. Glad everything worked out and that you were able to close the deal without any trouble. I bet that is one heavy load off your back now that you can look behind and see the deal in the rear-view mirror.

    Hayden Farley @ Malibu Real Estate Agents

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!