Friday, August 1, 2014

Oh Hey, Friday! I Got A Bike!

Can you believe that tomorrow is the first day of August?!?!  I really feel like it was just January.  This year is flying by!  I would really like for time to stop for one selfish reason.  Traffic is SO much better in the summer while kids are out of school.  I'm dreading the day that school starts...my commute gets much worse! Haha.

OH!  It is 71 degrees here in DFW today!  It is a weird freak of nature!  It is NEVER that cool in August in Texas....NEVER!  I might have brought it on by my praying.  More details on that later!

Onto my randomness from the week...

{ONE}

Thanks to all who entered the Christmas in July giveaway this week!  The lucky winner is.....

Kendra Loisel

Yaaayyyyy!!!!  I'm so excited for you Kendra!!  Email Tiffany at addingatouchofgrace@gmail.com right now to claim it!


{TWO}

This was our last week of softball! :(  I had a blast playing for my first time ever, even if I wasn't that good.  At least I get to keep the awesome t-shirt!

Team Scared Hitless, folks!


{THREE}

I kept saying that I wanted a bike and GUESS WHAT?!  I got a bike!  Ok it's not a great bike, but this is not a time for big investments.  I paid a girl $20 for her old used bike.  I'm excited!  Once I get new tires on it, I'm going to ride all over the place.  Watch out!

It's not fancy, but it works!


{FOUR}

Oh my goodness, y'all!  I finished reading Gone Girl last weekend and I am so ready for the movie to come out in October!  It is so twisted that it makes me even more grateful for my awesome hubby.  I definitely couldn't put that book down and can't stop thinking about it.  Have any of you read it?  Please NO SPOILERS in the comments!

Have you seen the trailer for it?  Ben Affleck looks like he actually might do a good job of portraying Nick...



{FIVE}

What have your July Favorites been?!  Start getting your posts ready for mine and Mia's Monthly Faves Link Up next Wednesday!  We'd love to hear about your favorite beauty products, food, workouts, health products, anything!  Check out my May and June Favorites for examples!

Grab the button below and join us!

A Deeper Joy

Have a lovely weekend, friends! XOXOXO


Linking up with The Farmers Wife and September Farm today!


16 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You go girl. That bike is going to be so much fun. I'm saving up to buy a road bike, and then hopefully I can start doing some triathlons.

    I saw the trailer for Gone Girl, but haven't read the book. I'd totally say I would read it, but.... I have 3 books going right now and an endless list. I may just have to spoil the story with the movie when it comes out. ;)

    Can't wait for July Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read Gone Girl for like 2 years now - I'm wondering if I should just wait and watch the movie haha!! Congrats on Softball being over - like you said at least you got a shirt!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday, sweet friend!! I'm glad that your first season of softball was such a fun one!! Cheers for having tried something new! ;) Congrats on becoming the proud new owner of a bike! Have fun heading out for some adventures! Way to go on scoring such a bargain too!! Have a fantastic first weekend of August! Lotsa love to ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see Gone Girl! Love that book and I do love Ben Afflect. ALSO, you got a a bike. And your team is called scared hitless. love. it. all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my absolute goodness, I'm going to go download that book right now after watching that trailer!! Eeek it looks like it's going to be so so so good! Have a good weekend girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Scared Hitless" = too funny! Glad you had fun playing softball! I'm trying to read more these days, so I just might pick up Gone Girl to read next....after I finish Eat, Pray, Love (yeah, I'm just a BIT behind the rest of the world!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok that trailer freaked me out a bit, but it looks good.
    Still love your team name. Ours was "The Unacceptaballs." :)
    And you got a bike. Have I ever told you I'm not a big fan of bikes? I guess if we move to Amsterdam, though, I better become one.
    Have a great weekend Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for our link up next week :) Your team name, it just cracks me up. Woo hoo for the bike, score! We have some, we should probably pull them off the racks and use them huh?? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. shutup! $20!! that is amazing!!! Your team name - what is the story behind that? haha! Happy Friday friend! Are y'all leaving the house again for the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you scored a pretty sweet bike for $20! I LOVED Gone Girl and can't wait for the movie!! I her other two books, as well. Kinda dark but suspenseful. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for a bike!!! Gone Girl is still on my to-read list! Have an awesome weekend (and week since I will be MIA)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo, still super stoked about winning, thank you! I'm glad I read this post, I want to participate in monthly favorites this time around. I really need to read this book, but I keep forgetting, over and over again. Also, congrats on being a new bike owner. I love biking. I find it so relaxing and freeing. My mind never goes to negative thought while I am biking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you may have just motivated me to get our bikes out of the shed!! Woohoo!! Have a great weekend girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally had to skip whatever you wrote as soon as I saw the words Gone Girl! My kindle died, broke, kaput right in the middle so I have YET to finish it until my new one comes in! But--I did not know there was a movie version. And with Ben Affleck??? That makes my heart very happy!!

    Love your bike! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your softball team name is amazing... so amazing that'd definitely steal it... lucky for you I don't play softball. :)
    But I am feeling inspired to hop on my bike now.
    Have a great weekend!!
    Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just finished Gone Girl too.... and was actually not all that thrilled with it. I'm looking forward to the movie though-- watching the preview has definitely reignited my intrigue with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!