Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Celebrating the Little Things

Two days ago, I drove to work thinking about all of the stressful and negative things going on in my life and started having a pity party.  Then the song Today is Beautiful by David Dunn came on the radio.  Here's what I heard:

Sometimes the day won't ever end
Sometimes you just throw up your hands
It's the little things sometimes

Sometimes the world has just gone dark
Sometimes you're praying for a spark
It's the little things sometimes

But if you lift your eyes
See it in a different light
Just a cloud up in the open sky
Let the rain, fall away
'Cause today is beautiful

Right now it feels so hard to breath
Right now you're asking God why me
It's what you can see right now

'Cause right now there's a greater truth
Right now there's a bigger view
Than what you can see right now

In this moment, God said, "Kelli, there's a bigger view than what you can see right now."  I so get caught up in the little stressful things of life and let it affect my mood.  Most importantly, Jesus is who He is...that's it...that alone cheers me up!  HE is the Greater Truth!

Does anyone listen to Air1 Radio??  First off, can I just say that I love Eric and Mandy in the morning? Seriously...they crack me up AND encourage me.  Anyway, not my point.  They occasionally do this segment called "Celebrate the Little Things" where people call in and share little celebrations in their lives.  Big celebrations are awesome, right?  But sometimes we forget to stop and celebrate the little moments where we see God working or just taking a tiny step to encourage us.


So today, I'm talking about the little things in my life that I can celebrate!  Cue CELEBRATION music! 

TGIF champagne celebration

1 // I get to see my doggies this weekend!

2 // When school is out for summer, traffic is so not bad in the mornings!  Hallelujah!!!

3 // I might be the only person I know who doesn't need glasses/contacts.

4 // I don't have to take acid reflux medicine anymore!

5 // My hubby ALWAYS does the mowing/edging.  Thank you Jesus because I hate doing it!

6 // I can get a decent sized salad for lunch at the cafe at work for just $3.50...what a deal!

7 // Target.  Enough said.

8 // Our sweet neighbor moved the lawn for us when my hubby's shoulder was hurt.

9 // I love sitting on my back porch and watching the little kids practice football at the school across the street.  In a totally non-creeper, I don't have kids kind of way.  I want my own kiddle.

10 // Math makes me happy.

11 // Cheese makes me happy even though I'm lactose-intolerant.

12 // Talking to my blogging friends every day cheers me up. 
13 // The sweet cashier at Wal-Mart was just so nice the other day - that can be rare at such an establishment so it really meant volumes to me that she treated me with such respect.

14 // I get my Ispy Glam bag this week!

15 // As frustrating as getting a $2.4K emergency room bill can be, the Lord provides and we have enough money to pay it without starving us.

16 // My new granite countertops in my kitchen are the bomb.

17 // God has given us an amazing group of friends in our newly wed small group through church.

18 // Dry shampoo makes not washing my hair a good thing.  Haha!

19 // Salted caramel brownies.  Yum.




20 // My hubby bought me flowers the other day just because.  Love.




What are some small things that you're celebrating today?!


I'm linking up with Cassie at Sage the Blog and Cassie at Living on Cloud Nine for In The Word Link Up!

20 comments:

  1. I love this post. Such a great idea. It's too bad about the medical bill (been there) but all these little things certainly make that seem like a single low point amongst many high points :) thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. It's really good to take a step back and really just be thankful for the things that are good.
    Today I'm celebrating:
    - That we WON'T have to live in an apartment for the rest of our lives (this is just a season.... this is just a season... this is just a season)
    - The freedom my job allows me
    - A husband who cooks dinner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to dry shampoo and a hubs who does the yard work!! I feel you with the medical bills... We're swamped with thousands upon thousands upon thousands from just having had a baby. Yuck. BUT:
    - My son let me sleep to 8am this morning!
    - I fly out of town for a girls weekend tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man :( I'm afraid of what it's going to cost us to have a baby! But hey, that's awesome that you got to "sleep in" a little! Have fun at your girls weekend, Paige!!

      Delete
  4. There is so much wonderful stuff to celebrate in your life!! I'm the same - don't need contacts or glasses - woo hoo!! The salad for $3.50 is a great deal :) Here's to many more little things making your week brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN. First off, yes I love Eric & Mandy too! I can't tell you how many times a song has come on Air1 at just the right time, especially getting me through moments along the last year with Christian. Love your list, so many things to be thankful for and happy about for sure. Those brownies, oh my gosh, mail me one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It's so easy to forget all of the blessings God has given us but when we stop to really reflect on them, it's so humbling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw. I'm so glad you were able to have this moment to be thankful for the little things. I too appreciate our daily chats. A salad for $3.50? Wow. Our cafe is so expensive, but it's all local and organic so they charge a bit more. Those brownies look AMAZING and yes, Target. Just yes.
    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many things to be thankful for :) Have fun with your puppies this weekend! I'm a big dry shampoo fan too - that stuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! I actually prefer my hair non-washed with the dry shampoo than freshly washed :)

      Delete
  9. What wonderful things to be thankful for! It really is the little things that make life so grand! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What up for 20/20 vision! Over here too! woop!

    Target, cheese, and blog friends. Heck yeah man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes a thousand times to target. oh and those brownies. doubley yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this! Target always makes me feel better. Such a bummer about the hospital bill... those things always get ya. Hope everything is okay! Oh, and we need that brownie recipe! Yummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! So important to celebrate the little things, they're the best! a great reminder not to take life too seriously and let the cares of the world overwhelm us. I was definitely feeling that way today. A great reminder for me to enjoy all the little things as well as God's many blessings. Thanks for letting your light shine Kelli, this post was right on time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got quite a list, love!! I love this!! I actually just went back to the eye doc the other day because I was SURE my eyes got worse. And they did. Womp womp! Oh well! At least we have good insurance! Enjoy Target for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving this post - such a great idea, plus a good reminder to be conscious and appreciate all of the wonderful things we encounter every day (like a $3.50 salad - very jealous of that deal!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your positivity in this post. Also, I got my ipsy this week and I love everything in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great reminder to be thankful in all circumstances! And, that Gif cracks me up. ;) Speaking of blessings, it was so good to see you yesterday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just listened to this song, I've never heard it before. I love the message! I love that you said kiddle and yay for being off acid reflux medicine!! All these are great things to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!