Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Ipsy Glam Bag

It's that time again!  Time for a cute pink bubble mailer to show up on my doorstep with awesome beauty supplies for me to try.  This month's theme: Beauty Schooled

Let's jump right in...


It all came in a cute, orange polka dotted Ipsy makeup bag.

J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eye Shadow in Half Naked
I'm excited to try this eye shadow.  The color sounds like something I'll like and you can't beat $2.99!

Surprisingly, I think this is my favorite part of the bag!  I LOVE the way this stuff feels on my lips and most importantly, there aren't a bunch of bad ingredients in it.  Here's what is: Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Mandarin Green Orange Essential Oil, Mongongo Oil, Orange Essential Oil, Ginger Essential Oil, Lime Essential Oil, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Calendula Extract

You know how much I love dry shampoo!  I was actually very pleased with this brand.  It made my hair feel lighter than most dry shampoos and that's a plus!

I'll be honest, I don't know what pore refiner is.  I need to do some research!  Anyone want to help me out?  How and why do I use it??

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
I've read reviews from people who say that they love this stuff.  Mine seemed a bit dry and clumpy so maybe it was just a little old?  I don't know.  I still love Urban Decay, but wouldn't buy this mascara.  Let me know if you try the full-sized one and like it!

I'm pretty pleased with my August bag!  I totally feel like I got my $10 worth.  If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a monthly subscription service that only costs $10 and you don't have to commit.  You just cancel when you don't want it anymore.  Each month, you get a cute little bag and 5 awesome beauty products to try.  Use THIS LINK if you want to sign up!  I get points if you do and if you were going to anyway, why not?! :)

17 comments:

  1. I've get to do one of these monthly things! I love reading about what people get each time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these Ipsy bags and have been wondering if I should give it a shot. It looks like a lot of awesome products for just $10!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a pore refiner reduces the pores and the appearance of them, as for Dr. Brandt it's a fantastic line!! So sad to hear about the mascara not living up to the hype, but still a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great things! And that little make-up bag is presh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet. I still haven't renewed my subscription. :-/ I keep saying I'm going to, but I then I don't.
    Looks like a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fun! I keep saying I am going to sign up for that little fun treat! One day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you get a cute bag with it! The only thing I did was Julep - because the first one is free!! But, looks like you got great goodies in this one! Speaking of free - I think you said I would get an email about the free grocerling (I think that is the name) - Did I miss it again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another cute makeup bag! It seems like you get such a good variety of products in Ipsy and I like how it's usually a mix of brands you know and some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got the exact same thing in our bags. :) We're ipsy twins! haha. I love the lip balm too! And not a fan of the mascara. And the pore thing is a primer I believe. The full size of that pore stuff is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone is loving that chapstick! A pore refiner is just supposed to minimize the appearance of your pores. I have big pores, so these are the kind of primers I gravitate towards. I was glad I got it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've used Dr. Brandt's pore refiner before. It's supposed to minimize the appearance of your pores, like on your nose and stuff. Didn't do much for me, but I don't have very large pores.
    Cute makeup bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're the third person not to like that mascara! I guess it's a dud. That dry shampoo is my all-time favorite! And the full sized one is only $18. Yesssssss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Ok glad to know I'm not the only one because I LOVE other UD stuff! Ok good to know! My favorite dry shampoo is the Big Sexy Hair one and it's about the same price. Thanks for the info, Paige!

      Delete
  13. The pore refiner is easily my favorite thing in the Ipsy this month!!! I put it on my nose, since that's where I have super duper large pores. I believe it's similar to a pore reducer, such as the one by Benefit. I think it works way better than Benefit's one though!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to get on the Ipsy glam bag train...I'm a slacker. I've never heard of a pore refiner either!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen swatches of that eyeshadow, and it's stunning! One girl on YouTube used it as a cheekbone highlight...ahhh, it was stunning!
    A pore refiner is meant to minimize the look of big pores, I really like this stuff!
    I also got the UD mascara but I've only used it once.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!