Monday, August 4, 2014

A Fun Weekend!

Happy Monday, friends!  For the first time in a while, we had a pretty relaxing, fun weekend!  No painting, planting, scrubbing or staging.  I'm excited to link up with Biana today and share our weekend with you!

On Friday night, the hubby and I had a date night at one of our favorite restaurants in DFW.  It's called Love & War in Texas and if you're ever in the area, you have to go!  It's very "Texas" and honestly, I've never had anything there that I didn't love.  Fun fact: they buy their wild game meat from my dad's company in the Texas Hill Country.  

I had the most amazing grilled chicken breast and bacon-wrapped shrimp kebobs.  Kevin had beef kebobs, quail kebobs and stuffed jalapenos.


On Saturday, Kevin and I strolled around downtown Grapevine, a cute little area with awesome little shops, wineries and restaurants.  They had a farmer's market and some crafty vendors selling items.  After shopping a little, we stopped by D'Vine Wine for a little wine tasting and wine-a-ritas!


That night we had some friends over and grilled chicken kebobs (was this the weekend of kebobs or what?!).  We had a GREAT time hanging out with them!  You ever have those nights of just genuine, deep conversation that you appreciate so much?  That was so our Saturday night!  So often we're rushing and have to be entertained and miss out on those conversations.  We loved having such great quality time with our friends!


How was your weekend??  I'd love to hear!

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! And you can't beat good kabobs!! You two are adorable! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How fun! I think I need to try that restaurant next time I go north. Looks delicious.

    Also--I nominated you for a Liebster Award. (http://www.makingmrsm.com/2014/08/an-award.html) Your blog is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun that you got a date night!! We rarely do those anymore! We have eaten there since we went for Colbys birthday a few years ago - crazy that their meat comes from your dads company!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your weekend was a blast. I'm glad you both got to enjoy yourself with friends. You both deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome... lots of wining and dining hey?! Looks like a great weekend to me and so glad to hear you got to relax for a while.

    Our weekend was great! It's a long weekend here in Alberta. We went to the lake, brought our girls for a couple bike rides, did some organizing, and I did a lot of writing and blog work. We have one more day (today) for relaxation, so I plan to make the most of it!

    Wishing you a lovely week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great food filled weekend!! Bacon wrapped shrimp kebobs sounds amazing!! I'm drooling and clearly in need of lunch lol! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you two had a fun weekend, those kebobs look so good! We had a very much needed and enjoyed relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a great weekend filled with lots of yummy food. And wine-a-ritas?? I need to try those!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, that restaurant sounds amazing! And wine tasting, obviously I love that. :)
    I'm so glad you guys had a good weekend. I know there's lots going on right now but remember God will guide you down the right path. If it doesn't feel right, then it's probably not. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great!! Wine a ritas? Tell me more! I've had a sangria swirl margarita before and it's like....perfection.

    Hows the house stuff going? any showings?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun! I love walking around little neighborhoods like that. Those kebobs look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome weekend! That is a neat interesting fact (dad's company)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those kebobs looks amazing!! Looks like you had a fabulous weekend :) :) And super cool that your dad sells wild game meat... that would be my husband's dream job (totally not kidding either!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Downtown Grapevine is so cute, isn't it? It seriously makes you feel like you're in a small town! Love it! There's a Texas Love & War very close to our house...we've only been there once, so I'm thinking it's time we check it out again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!