Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh hey, Friday! It's been a tough one!

Hey folks!  Let's be real here...this has been a TOUGH week!  So much so that I wasn't going to post today, because I don't have wonderful things to say about this week.  BUT, you know what?  I could use your prayers!  I'll just do this chronologically...

{ONE}

Last weekend, a sweet little 13-year-old angel went to be with the Lord.  Our dear friends who had a 13-year-old daughter and a little baby boy, lost their little girl.  It breaks my heart that any parent would have to lose their child.  My heart is completely broken for that family right now.  I just don't understand why the Lord lets certain things happen but I DO know that He will make something good come out of it.  Please keep Jason and Janie in your prayers!  Pray for comfort and peace!

My best friend's grandmother passed away this week as well.  She was a sweet lady - the epitome of a southern woman...especially the accent!  I grew up knowing her and am sad, but happy that she's in Heaven.  Pray for my best friend, Tracy....she took care of her in the last few years so it's hard!

{TWO}

Then I went to my hometown (about 5-6 hours away) to drop off our dogs with my parents.  It was wonderful to see my mom, stepdad, dad, sister and friends!  I took a couple days off of work and worked from home the other day.

I agreed to do my personal trainer friend's boot camp and HOLY MOLEY...I am STILL sore today!  It wouldn't be so bad if I did that every day but I don't!  My core and hamstrings are more sore than they've ever been.  It was a beautiful day though quite hot.  We met at the city park...


{THREE}

Beautiful day at my parents' ranch...




Clouds started rolling in this very day...


And it started pouring rain.

{FOUR}

Peaches grow well in the Texas hill country.  I stopped and bought some from a local farm.


And my dad's girlfriend just got the cutest Corgi in the world...his name is Turbo...


I was so sad to leave our pups, but we're putting our house on the market next week!  They can't be there while we show it so they get a vacation at the 'rents ranch.

{FIVE}

Ok...so on Tuesday evening, I was at my dad's girlfriend's house when I received a phone call from a church friend that we play softball with.  I looked at the time...it was 7:15...the softball game was from 6:30 to 7:30.  My heart stopped because I knew it had to be about my hubby.

Yep, they were in the ER.

Apparently he dove for a ball and his shoulder popped out of socket and was hanging 4 inches below where it should be.  Ouch.  They put him on morphine and popped it back into place.  We're not sure if he tore his labrum again...it was torn in the past from pitching and he had surgery on it in 2012.  I felt so helpless being that far away from him.

So he's still in a ton of pain.  Please please pray for him and his healing!

We're super stressed, trying to get the house ready to sell and now my little muscles are all we have for a while.  A friend is coming to help me this weekend which I so appreciate.  We're anxious about what to do about selling, moving, etc.  Pray our home sells!!!  Pray that I'll trust the Lord with it all!

Have a great weekend, y'all!!!

Linking up with The Farmers Wife and September Farm today!



Oh!  And don't forget to enter the Kitchen Sophistication Anthropologie Givewaway HERE!

23 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you and the tragedy that hit your friends, Kelli. It's never easy to lose anyone, but to lose a child is probably one of the worst feelings in the world.

    When my friend Michael passed at 17, we definitely rallied around his Mom and helped to make a scrapbook that detailed a lot of his very short life. We also wrote letters - things that she could read or look at when she was sad, or needed reassurance that He has a plan. It also helped us to grasp with something that seemed bigger than we were.. I still have moments where I grapple with the unfair-ness (or what I view as unfair) of it all.

    And, OUCH on the shoulder. Lots of prays for your hubby and that the house sale goes smoothly! Luckily, the house market is insane right now so I doubt you'll have issues. :)

    Hope you have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lauren. Your words mean so much to me. Wow..17? :( So cool that y'all did that stuff to encourage his mom...that must have been so hard for her. That is a great idea though.

      Thank you! His shoulder is feeling a bit better now, thankfully though his nose still feels like it might be broken. And yeah, I hope it sells quickly! We'll see!

      Delete
  2. Yikes. Praying for comfort for the family who lost their child and your friend. Also praying for that hubby of yours! Your parents ranch looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for all the loss in your life this week! I will definitely keep those families in my prayers! Also, so frustrating about your husband's shoulder! I hope he heals up quickly and it doesn't require another surgery! Your parents yard looks so gorgeous! Love the photo with the horse! I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli -- I really appreciate sharing your honest week. I will be praying for the families in grief as well as the stresses you are facing. These are days that may define their lives and yours. I hope you are able to find some respite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl! I am so sorry you had such a tough week. :(
    I know how terrible it is when someone you love is hurting.
    I'm praying for a better weekend and week for you, and that your moving and selling goes smoothly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for everyone on that list, my friend. Sorry I haven't been around...I have been so sick. The ranch and the peaches look amazing but like I said, I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no no no. no more deaths. Please Jesus no!! I hate this so much Kelli. I'm so sorry!!!! Goodness - Praying for your hubby. Let me know if y'all need me to bring you anything! Love you friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying very hard for your friends, you and your husband. SO sorry you've had such a bad week. I hate that Kelli. Please know I'm here, if you just need to chat :) Praying sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will continue to pray for you, your hubby, your best friend, and your other friends. Losing a child must be the hardest thing. God bless them. You parents ranch is gorgeous. We don't have property like that up here. I would love to jsut sit there and observe all day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have had a rough week Kelli. Lots of prayers for your friends and Kevin. I really hope he's able to recover from the shoulder injury easily and not need to have another surgery.
    I do have to say, whenever I hear about a death, I always hear about life, and 3 friends announced their pregnancies this week.
    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your stinky week!!! Hoping things turn around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a week girl! :( Keeping you and your hubby in my prayers! Hoping you have a better weekend ahead! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, you have had a busy week to say in the least! Lots and lots of prayers going out for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a HARD week, Kelli! I'm so sorry that things just keep piling up right now. I'll continue to pray for your hubby as he heals and for you as you're managing so much right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh girl, sending lots and lots of prayers your way!! What terrible timing for your husband to get hurt just as you're listing your house! Hoping it sells super fast for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Kell. I can completely relate to your overwhelming sense of sorrow due to the loss of your friends' daughter. In just the past month, we have known two families that this has happened to and it is heart wrenching. So glad you got to visit the most beautiful spot in Texas. I am sure that was therapeutic! I am heading to Heart of the Hills to check out camp for Ella Grace in September after Shay's bachelorette weekend in Fredericksburg! She is getting married in October! I will be praying for your house to sell and for your hubby's quick recovery:) Love you roomy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of prayers. What a sad situation! I'm a fellow Texas girl and I LOVE the hill country. It doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my friend... I'm so sorry to hear you had such a tough week. I will pray for your friends and for a speedy recovery for your hubby.

    Those peaches look divine.

    Wishing you a much better week this week.

    HUGS.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Back when I was a youngster, I ate peaches like they were going out of style. Now, I don't care for them, which is so sad because that picture makes them look awfully tasty! Also PRAYING for his pain to subside. I am so sorry to read this. With all of these prayers that we're saying, God will overcome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness Kelli! I'm so sorry I'm not getting around to reading this until now! You'll be in my prayers for sure. How is your hubby doing? and the moving?! lot's of changes over here too with my last day of work Friday and a move next week. o_o...btw I'm glad you at least had some high moments during the trip like those peaches and time with family. I bet it was great growing up on a ranch, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!