Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June Favorites Link Up!

Welcome to the first Monthly Faves link-up!  Mia and I have been excited about this for a while and hope you're able to join us!  Link up your posts about your favorites (and least favorites) from June in any categories...food, beauty, health, workouts, fashion, recipes, etc.  We'll be doing it the first Wednesday of every month so come back then to join us in the future!


I'm excited to share my June favorites and least favorites with you!  Link up at the bottom!


{BEAUTY}


If you remember from my May Favorites, my least favorite beauty supply was my Elf Eyeliner pencil. My the end of the day, it smudged under my eyes and I hated it.  So this month, I tried Elf's Eyeliner Pen (liquid) and fell in love!  It was only $2, stays on my eyes ALL day and looks great!

I was also able to try the Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner from my Ipsy Glam Bag and loved it as well! They were pretty similar to me and are both affordable.


Sorry Marc Anthony, this just wasn't the product for me.  I got this Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray in my Ipsy Glam Bag as well, and I'm sure it would have been great if I had different hair.  My hair is SUPER straight...seriously, no waves or body to it so all this spray did was weigh it down.  If you have curly or wavy hair, this is probably for you!  It does smell awesome too!


{HEALTH}

I have not had time to make it to the gym lately so I've been doing Tiffany's Booty Blaster workout at home a lot lately.  It's awesome!  It doesn't take long and really works more than just your booty - my hamstrings, quads AND booty are always sore the next day which means that it's working!  Pin it from HER PAGE and pull it up every day to do!  You won't regret it!


I'm not hatin' on Flowerbomb...in fact, when I wore perfume, I loved it!  But I'm learning a lot about the toxins that are in perfumes and other beauty products that we use.  I'm officially cutting out all perfumes.  Plus, they make me sneeze.


{FASHION}


If you're from Texas, you've heard of James Avery Jewelry.  James Avery is actually from my hometown so the headquarters are there and growing up, that was the gift you got your friends...good quality sterling silver jewelry.  Now it's much more expensive so I doubt there are many high schoolers purchasing it for their friends.  My dad bought me this dove necklace (obviously that's just the charm...I couldn't find a photo of it on the chain) and it's my favorite piece of jewelry.  It's not new this month, but it's always my favorite and I wear it a lot!  They don't make it anymore, but they do have other dove options that are beautiful...


By the way, doves are kind of my thing.  If I ever got a tattoo, it'd be a dove because two things they represent in the Bible are peace and the Holy Spirit.


Oh Lordy...why Cody why?!  I mean, he was sweet but that v-neck almost reached his belly button!


{FOOD}


Last week, I got to go to a work dinner at Chamberlain's Fish Market Grill which was amazing!  As soon as I saw Costa Rican Mahi Mahi on the menu, I HAD to get it...after all, it reminded me of my honeymoon and the best meal ever.  I got a couple scallops as well - a first for me and I loved them! They came in a champagne butter sauce with broccolini and red peppers.


I know I'm going to get a lot of crap about this one.  I like pretty much ALL foods.  Except goat cheese.  I know you think I'm crazy.  I have tried and tried to make myself like it and I just don't.  Me and goat cheese were not meant to be!

Now link up your Monthly Faves post!  Can't wait to see what you picked!





A Deeper Joy

24 comments:

  1. I love EOs!!! Also, I realize this might be risky saying this, but after seeing you post about Cody's v neck shirt, I also can't stand the scarves Marcus & Nick are wearing! Honestly, if you wear a scarf better than me, we have a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those oils for the nose spray has me intrigued! I HATE my allergies and buying the expensive meds :(
    Cody's v-neck truly is terrible - what are these guys thinking?! Happy to link up with y'all! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both you and Mia for hosting a great link-up! I came across your blog through Mia's - it's so cute! Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take your share of the goat cheese but you can keep Cody's v-neck hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. First--THANK YOU for hosting this link up. It's amazing and I look forward to contributing LOTS in the future.

    Oh man, the beach spray didn't work for you?! I got it in my ipsy bag, too, and I love it. However, my hair is naturally wavy, that's probably why it worked for me.


    Mahi Mahi.... MMMM! I'm not a fish girl. At all. But on our honeymoon, since we were in Hawaii, I MADE myself try fish. The first I had was Mahi Mahi, and man it was delicious. Then I had macadamia nut crusted snapper--BEST MEAL EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eyeliner sounds amazing!!! The rican mahi mahi sounds amazing!!! I felt so bad for Cody last week - but for his clothes not so much!! Great link up doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that eyeliner... I'll have to check it out.

    Tiffany posts some pretty awesome workouts... I love her.

    Men should not wear v-necks... period!

    I'll take your goat cheese.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate goat cheese too! Unless it's melted, then I'm a huge fan. You tried scallops!!! I am so happy you loved them, best food ever, or any seafood for that matter. I'm glad you love the ELF eyeliner, it's always been a winner in my book and I was so sad when I saw flowerbomb as a bad thing, but I totally get where you're coming from. I do love the smell though, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, it's here! I will have to try those liners. I haven't tried the beach spray yet, but I doubt I'd like it either... I love James Avery, my friend bought me a necklace years ago and it's always been so special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely try that nasal allergy spray! I love Young Living oils and pink Himalayan salt! I rely on Claritin, but am always looking for more natural ways to help with allergies. That booty workout looks awesome, too! I totally agree on Cody's V-neck. Eww.
    I found you through MakeMeUpMia! Such a fun link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try that beach spray! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, goat cheese is like my favorite thing. I will eat all the goat cheese for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'd totally give it all to you, Liz! If they accidently put it on my salad, I can't even eat my salad with it taken off because I feel like the taste is still there :-p

      Delete
  13. I really liked the Elf black liquid liner pen, but then I tried the brown color and it has been not as good. I guess I'll stick to black!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the idea for a dove tattoo! Ever since getting my first tattoo back in March I'm constantly on the prowl for good ideas because I'm mildly obsessed now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cody has seriously been killing me with those low vnecks. Haha. And I love goat cheese, but can't eat it right now being pregnant. I don't think you are crazy for not liking it though it definitely has a distinct flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh girl, Love me some Chamberlains! !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe you don't like goat cheese, so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! I know! So many people love it, especially most of my friends so I've tried to force myself to :-p It's too moldy tasting to me!

      Delete
  18. AH! I missed the link up! I will so be doing this next month!! The v-neck--yes!! I couldn't agree more!! I too HATE goat cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bekah! You can still do one for June if you want :) We'll leave the link up open all month! If not, I look forward to seeing your post next month! Haha...wasn't the v-neck terrible?! And some of his jackets! I'm finding that everyone either loves or hates goat cheese. Glad to know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  19. I'm going to have to try out that elf liquid liner. To be honest I've never really used liquid liner, but I should totally start. Also, I'm 100,000% with you on the goat cheese. Can't do it. Have tried many a time, and just can't do it. It has such a weird aftertaste. Don't let the haters hate. :) Loved this post. I actually have the open dove charm. It's one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like your first link up was really successful! And of course I'm so glad you still like the booty workout. It's pretty awesome.
    I'll have to check out that eyeliner as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!