Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Randomness!

Happy Friday, my friends!  I have some random things to share with you from my week!  I always say I'm going to have a theme and it ends up being totally random!

A little recap from my July 4th weekend - the hubs and I drove to Oklahoma with our doggies to see his grandpa.  We did a little shopping at some antique stores and came home with some fun stuff.  I need to take photos so I can show you.  I loved that grilling apron...he's totally my Mr. Right!

We watched "Oklahoma's biggest fireworks show" in Vinita on Grand Lake, had a picnic on the lake the next day and enjoyed ice cream from Braum's.  Grandpa Bill and his girlfriend are fun to be with!

And we only packed red, white and blue clothes!  Haha!  That's easy with a hubby obsessed with the Texas Rangers!



So I finally got a new phone!  Woo hoo!  I've been sporting the iPhone 4s for quite some time and finally got the 5s.  I might be a little obsessed with my new case.

that's navy blue (looks a little black in this photo), gold, cream, and coral


Before we left for our Oklahoma trip, I needed to do something with all of my produce that would go bad while we were gone.  I surprised myself and made an awesome, healthy soup that we could freeze and enjoy later!


2 chicken breasts (cooked)
1 large yellow squash
1 zucchini
1 large tomato
1-2 large carrots
1 medium white onion
2 celery stalks
1 garlic clove
Chicken broth
Water
Tarragon
Salt
Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

I sauteed the chopped zucchini, squash, onion and garlic in the EVOO and then threw all of the ingredients in a large pot and let them simmer for about 45 mins.  Honestly, I just used the rest of my chicken broth (maybe 2 cups) and filled the rest with water.  I eyeballed it on the spices.

It was such an easy way to use random, healthy ingredients.  I recommend it when you feel like being creative!

Have a wonderful weekend, lovelies!!! XOXOXO

Linking up with The Farmers Wife and September Farm today!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Kelli!! So happy to see your sweet smile this morning & hear about the fantastic week you enjoyed! Sounds like a perfect Independence Day! :) Enjoy your new iPhone - loving the case! ;) Your soup looks scrumptious! Mmm!! :P ... Have a fabulous upcoming weekend, sweet friend!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apron is too cute - I need to find my man one of those! I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful week and weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love it all! Hope you have a great weekend girl! ps- totally featured you in my favs today! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! The soup looks great.

    You two are so adorable. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in Oklahoma.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup looks so good. I love homemade soups. Now I just wish it was winter so I could cuddle up with a blanket and soup because that is my favorite thing to do!! I love that you only packed red, white, and blue clothes. I showed up to my family 4th of July party and besides my mom, and the babies of the family, I was the only one in red, white, and blue. It's almost as if they forgot it was a holiday. Anyway.. have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new phone case! We are Android people so the cases aren't as exciting.
    Grandpa Bill and his girlfriend look so sweet! And that soup looks yummy!
    Have a good weekend Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new phone case, so cute! Looks like a fun OK trip, that little ice cream cone, eekk! And seriously, how precious are grandpa Bill and his girlfriend <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss Braums!!!! It was the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love my 5s, and Im sure you'll love it too. Cute case!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the 4 and have been holding out for the 6 forever..... it seems as though it will never come haha - my phone is so ghetto so I'm ready! Love your new case and love your Oklahoma trip!!! My other favorite state ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's such a smart way to save food! btw his grandpa is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelli -- I too LOVE Braums! My husband and I talk about going to Braums to get our calcium when we're old and frail :D Sadly...we now live in Florida and no Braums ... so sad! I am inspired to make some soup now! <3 thanks! I may just have to do a favorites link up myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the iPhone case. Kind of retro looking.

    The soup sounds super yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Wishing you a blessed weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!