Tuesday, June 17, 2014

When You're In A "Valley"

Man...I'll be honest with you.  I'm not feeling very connected with God lately.  I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump and I know exactly why.  I haven't been spending as much time in the Word as I would like.

When you don't cultivate a relationship, it doesn't grow.  I have found myself so overwhelmed with life - full-time CPA job, being a new wife,  blogging, out of town trips, home projects, possibly selling our house, etc (not to mention volunteering, reading, softball).  I haven't been prioritizing like I should, because the Lord hasn't been first.

I did learn something a while back.  Your spiritual life will have ebbs and flows.  There will be ups and there will be downs and you can't beat yourself up over it.  I tend to be very hard on myself regardless of the issue, especially with my spiritual walk.  If you desire it, you will come out of the "valley"and back to communion with Him.  So I'm working may way back to that closeness with my Best Friend and Father.

I ask you, as my friends, to pray for me.  Please pray that I would put Him first, even if that means blogging a little less....and that I can have peace about that!  I believe that prayer is SO important and I SO appreciate your prayers.  Always know that you can let me know how to pray for you!  He's listening!

And because this post is a bit of a downer...I leave you with a photo of me and my hubby from the weekend at our nephew's 2nd birthday party.  We were doing the "prom" pose...hence, the cheesy smile, but I think it turned out cute!  I'm constantly reminded of God's goodness by sending me this amazing man to do life with!



I'm linking up with Cassie at Sage the Blog and Cassie at Living on Cloud Nine for In The Word Tuesday!

17 comments:

  1. There are definite valleys sometimes. Praying for you sweet girl!! Sharing your walk is never a downer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. Don't be discouraged, we all go through these times with the Lord. We're human. But the good thing is that you WANT to fix it. And you can. Easily enough. The Lord loves you and is waiting with open arms, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, new to your blog, but wanted to stop in and let you know I am thinking about you. It's hard to handle life AND relationships sometimes. I've experienced those valleys myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go through the same up and downs. With the busyness of summer starting, I feel like I've been starting to slack, too. Thank you for the reminder that it's up to us to change that - praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a challenge! You are blessed to have a husband to support you :) I love the prom pose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers your way, dearest! The ups and downs are constant in my life. But I remember how happy I am when I do open up His word. I'm always like, "Why did I ever stop??".

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, love this photo of you and Kevin. You have amazing skin.
    Second, I totally know how you feel. I struggle a lot with staying connected to Him. But you are taking the right steps and putting your priorities in the right places. Praying for you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not alone girl, I've been struggling with this too! I will say a special prayer for you for sure! I love that pic, your huge smiles are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For starters, you both are adorable! Also, I will be praying for you, friend. I've so been here, multiple times. Its so hard sometimes to stop and realign our priorities but it can be done. I will keep you in prayers that He will bring you out of this valley. Just know He is always working in you. ox!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Valleys are hard. I know that I am definitely one who used to be in the valley and be ignorant as to why. But how wonderful that God is revealing himself to you and how to reconnect with him. My goal the past couple of months has been to daily read His word and have some quiet time. I make time for so many other things. Thanks for sharing your feelings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah as I've matured in my faith over the years, I've realized that time with Him = being closer to him. Sounds so simple, yet it's crazy that it's hard to find time. That's my goal too! Even just reading an entry in my Jesus Today book. I'm about to start a new study though that I'm excited about :)

      Delete
  11. It's so hard when life is so so so busy!! So hard to balance work, etc and fit in quiet times!!! Then you add in the blog stuff and that doesn't help! Praying you can make a way to find 5 minute every day to be in the word, and that will increase to 10 and so on and so on. Even if that means waking up earlier or reading one less blog or writing one less post etc!!!! Praying for you girl - Love your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am praying for you! Always remember how much God loves you... and he can't wait for you to lean that much closer to him. You are a strong woman! Life sometimes gets in the way, so don't beat yourself up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way sometimes, getting distracted with other things then feeling bad for not being as close with Him as I've been in the past. This is something I too work on so you're not alone. I'll be praying for you, and feel free to pray for me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU GUYS ARE ADORABLE. I love this because I can totally relate, and I'm definitely praying for you!!! Thanks for linking up friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending love, hugs, and prayers. I've had moments like these... we all do. Just remind your self that God loves you, you are precious in His sight, and He will eagerly spend time with you. God will meet you where you're at.

    I know for me, if I didn't spend time with God first time in the morning, I would rarely pray or read my Bible. It means having to get up earlier but the peace of mind that I have started by handing my day over to Him is worth it.

    Praying for you my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and I love that picture of you two! It's awesome.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!