Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sunshine Blogger Award

My sweet friend, Leslie at Martin Manifesto, nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I feel privileged.  Thank you, Leslie!


This is a fun way to recognize other bloggers that you love and to get to know each other better. Forming these relationships has been my favorite thing about blogging!

Rules of the Game:
  1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions from your nominating blogger.
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award.
  4. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you've nominated.
  5. Notify them of their award.
11 Random Facts About Me

1. I was born in Orlando, Florida.  My dad was a horticulture major and LOVES plants so he worked at Disney's Epcot for a few years and they had me there.  Apparently, Mickey Mouse was my godparent.  They moved to Texas when I was 2 though so I consider myself a true Texan.

2. I'm a CPA.  I know this is weird for a blogger, but I actually have a more creative side that I love to express here!

3. I love green.  My eyes are green.  Baylor is GREEN and gold.  I always lean towards green, but try to branch out sometimes!

4. I have never broken a bone or gotten in a car accident. (KNOCK ON WOOD)

5. I wish I had been a meteorologist.  I think weather is the coolest.  Haha!

6. I am the oldest of 5 children.  Fun.  Though I think I'll have only 2 or 3, Lord willing.

7. My middle name is Elizabeth which is my grandma's middle name, which was her grandma's, which was her grandma's and so on...

8. My favorite food is french fries.  I know that's bad!  I wish it was spinach or brussel sprouts or something.  I seriously have to limit myself to once a week, otherwise I'd have them every day.

9. I'm obsessed with nail polishes now, especially Essie...thank YOU bloggers!

10. I volunteer as a budget counselor for women who have come out of the sex industry and are trying to change their lives.  It's awesome.  I love those women!

11. I am a people pleaser.  I'm working on this, but I thrive on the approval of others.  I have been working on this with God and have made progress but man, it's tough!


Now I get to answer the questions that Leslie asked:

1. What's the biggest lesson you've learned from blogging?

Don't compare yourself to others.  You can be so happy for others, but don't feel inadequate for the way you do life.  AND that blog friends are for real...seriously, we get real with each other and I love it!


2. Which year {age} of your life thus far has been your favorite? Why?

This sounds weird, but I have to say age 28.  This is when I went through a serious break-up and was horribly depressed, but I finally gave into the Lord and pursued counseling.  I realized that I had a lot of stuff to work through, not just the break-up.  I am a different person because of it.  I believe that I am a better wife due to counseling.


3. Where is the best place you've ever traveled for vacation?

New Zealand.  2.5 week roadtrip around the South Island.  AMAZING.  More to come!


4. What is your favorite iPhone/Android app?

Practical answer - Google Maps (life saver!); For real answer (dang, it's practical too): Goodbudget App - my hubby and I use it to budget our money and keep track of expenses and it's awesome!


5. What is your favorite online boutique?

Lily Boutique - LOOOOVE these dresses!  Super cute and totally affordable!  I've only ever sent one back.  I have all of these:


BBQ Shower / Engagement / Rehearsal Dinner

I think all three of these dresses are sold out, but they continue to add new cute dresses.  I seriously have to stop looking at the website because I want so many!  I want THIS one now.


6. If you could live the life of any TV character, who would it be?

Kelly Kapowski.  I mean, everyone called me that growing up.  Who wouldn't want to be as beautiful as Tiffany-Amber Thiessen and end up marrying Zach Morris?!


7. What was your first job?

I worked at a resort in the hill country of Texas called River Inn every summer in high school and even one in college.  I made food in the restaurant and took orders.  It was really casual and had, surprisingly, amazing food.

8. What skill would you like to learn?

I would like to learn how to sew.  My hubby wants me to learn and it'd be awesome to make some clothes or pillows or something.

9. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Oh gosh...I'm sorry if I offend you, but bad drivers.  I think that 90% of people on the road shouldn't be. They're distracted by their phones or just plain incompetent.  Our driving tests are far too easy.  I hate it when slow drivers drive in the "fast lane" or when people don't turn right on red.  People just aren't paying attention these days!

10. Who is the most influential person in your life?

My mother.  My mom isn't perfect, but she is pretty darn great!  She loves the Lord and has taught me about Him from the beginning.  She has always encouraged me to pursue my dreams and has always believed in me no matter what.  

11. If you had $1,000 you could only spend on yourself, what would you buy?
I HAVE to spend it on myself?!  Well in that case...  I'd buy all of the Young Living Essential Oils that I've been wanting, a few Stella & Dot necklaces, a Clarisonic, and probably some cute shoes - I haven't bought any in forever!

Now I nominate the following blogs and ask them these questions:


Here are my questions for them:

1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. What is your most embarrassing story?
3. What is the number one priority in your life?
4. What is your favorite summer fashion item?
5. What is something we'd be surprised to know?
6. What is your go-to meal to cook?
7. What is the purpose of your blog?
8. Who is your role model and why?
9. What is your favorite attribute about yourself?
10. Where are your three favorite places to shop (online counts too)?
11. Where is the #1 place in the world that you'd like to visit?

17 comments:

  1. I love getting to know more about people through these questions!! Kelly Kapowski was my idol when I was younger - she was just so perfect haha! I definitely don't think its weird that you're a CPA - I'm just happy that you're able to express your creativity through the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The relationships are real! Love you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the best! This is so fun, I love those dresses! I've never checked out that site before but the dress you linked to is adorable! Also I love that you want to be a meteorologist. You don't hear that every day. I love my local meteorologist, so more power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this, enjoyed learning random things about you! I loved Kelly Kapowski too ;) I was actually watching Saved by the Bell this morning before I started getting ready, random haha. I will work on this, maybe I can get it up next week while I'm away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS! It's awesome to "get to know you" a little better! Do you volunteer at New Friends New Life? I've heard about it through Junior League and a couple of my friends have done it and say it's incredibly rewarding. Oh...and speaking of Kelly Kapowski...did you know Lifetime is doing a Saved By the Bell "behind the scenes" movie this fall?!!? I seriously can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting to read these answers and how did i not know that you traveled South Island? WE LOVED IT THERE!!!! We want to go back when we are retired and have more time :) So many other new things... 4 siblings, never got an accident, etc!!! So fun! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I love this! It's nice to get to know you on a different level. Kelly Kapowski for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Jaelan! :) Yes! Everyone loves her! I miss SBTB!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the nomination friend! Sad I won't be able to participate with the craze of the wedding and family, etc! I'm so happy you chose Lauren too, she's the best :) and I can't wait to check out the other ladies you nominated!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love getting to know people better through this sort of thing. My hubby's favorite color is green too. Particularly bright green, like Seahawks green. :)
    And no accidents?! I've been in too many to count...EEK!
    And I will definitely have to check out that boutique. Those dresses are fab!
    And Amen to bad drivers! You have no idea how much I want to just run people off the road just so they are off the road. It rains a lot here, but people obviously forget because they drive so terrible in the rain! It's very puzzling to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly Kapowski - who DIDN'T want to be her? haha... she was the best, and so stinking gorgeous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. we share the same middle name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing. I love your posts and the beautiful photos! <3 <3 <3. And followed your blog. Welcome to visit:

    http://lisawola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! You're so sweet :) Heading over now!

      Delete
  13. I just learned so much about you! I've never broken a bone either, my younger daughter's middle name is also Elizabeth {after my Grandma who led me to Jesus}, and I'm a recovering people-pleaser too! When I start struggling again, I remind myself that the only person I have to please is God. :) And, ugh, I totally agree about the bad drivers...get off your phones and drive people! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome, Jen! Your grandma led you to Christ?! That's wonderful!! :)

      So so true. I try to remember that but definitely still fail sometimes. His opinion is all that matters!

      Haha...agreed!

      Delete
  14. I loved this Kelli!

    I've never broken a bone either (knocks on wood as well).

    I just bought myself a Clairsonic with a 40% off coupon through Klout! I'm so excited to get it in the mail. Seeing that I'm almost 40, I'm hoping it will make me look younger (wink)!

    Thanks for sharing (and for joining my #Blirthdaybash)!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!