Monday, June 2, 2014

Kelli's Kasserole Recipe

Hey friends!  Before I get to today's recipe, I wanted to let you know that I've written a guest post over at Sage the Blog today while Cassie is out of town for her bachelorette party.  I'm talking about God in Marriage...fun stuff...she gets married at the end of the month!  Hop on over there and check it out!  Read more about Cassie too...she's such an amazing woman!


So apparently, when I was a little girl, I absolutely LOVED this casserole that my mom would make.  I loved it so much that she and her friends started calling it Kelli's Kasserole.  I still love it even though it's not the healthiest thing you can eat but hey, I think it's better than eating at a restaurant...at least you know what ingredients are used!

My mom gave me permission to share the recipe and I'm excited because it's very special to me!  It reminds me of spending time with my mom and how much I love her.

The recipe usually makes about 8 servings so we half the recipe.  It think it's great heated up later as well so leftovers are always okay!

Kelli's Kasserole
Printable Recipe

4 large chicken breasts (cooked and either cut into cubes or shredded - I usually cook it in a slow cooker)
1 cup raw white rice, cooked (love my rice cooker for this part)
2 - 10oz packages of frozen cut broccoli (you can also use spinach here)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Salt & Pepper

Cook broccoli and drain.

In a large mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, mayo, lemon juice and cheese (1 1/2 cups).

Gently stir in broccoli, chicken and rice.

Add salt and pepper to desired taste.

Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish. (May store in fridge overnight if needed)

Sprinkle other 1/2 cup of cheese on top of the casserole.

Bake covered at 350 degrees until bubbly and lightly browned; approximately 30 to 45 minutes.  (Mine usually takes about 40 minutes)

Printable Recipe


Easy and delicious!  Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. I do believe I can throw this one on the menu! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL makes this! She also throws in some jalapenos for a kick! :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...Bekah! That is an amazing idea! I'm totally doing that next time. We love a little spicy in our food so that sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. This looks so good and I love that your mom named it after you with your love for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, this looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already have all the ingredients for this! Didn't do my meal planning for the week so this is on the list now! Yummy! Love that your mom named it after you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so yummy, thank you for sharing, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!