Friday, June 27, 2014

5 on Friday

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Hey friends!  I'll be honest....I'm a bit stressed about a few things in life and just don't have enough time in the day to do everything I want to do!  I want to at least come back here to connect with you gals...your friendships are what keep me blogging!  So this one's a little quick! (iPhone photos it is!)


{ONE}


First, I want to direct you to Mia's blog at Make Me Up Mia for something that is so important....more important than blogging, what we ate or what we wore.  It's about saving her brother's life and getting justice.  My heart goes out to her family and I'm praying for them every day!  Please check out Mia's story about her brother's accident and how getting the word out can help.


{TWO}

Last Friday, my hubby and I went to a sushi restaurant with some friends from church and we had such a good time!  Both of these couples are the bomb and we look forward to hanging out with them again in the future.  We have some fun plans ahead!



{THREE}

On Tuesday, my hubby and I were supposed to have a softball game for our co-ed league but it was cancelled due to rain.  Instead, we stayed home, had dinner and played Rummikub.  I just love some down-time with my best friend :)  Our doggie, Riley, thought she was going to play against me at first.  Maybe I should have let her...I got killed!



{FOUR}

This week I've been plant sitting for my 10-year-old neighbor.  He started growing a lima bean plant a while back and it's big now!  They're on vacation and he didn't want it to die so I'm keeping the little crawler alive.  It won't stop wrapping around my blinds!



{FIVE}

So speaking of Mia, next week is our new Monthly Faves Link-up!  The first one will be on Wednesday, July 2 and we invite you to join us!  Write a post about your favorites (and least favorites) in June and link up!  Pick any categories you want!  You can see my May Favorites HERE.  Hope you're able to join!

A Deeper Joy


Have a fantastic weekend!!

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha! Isn't it cute?! That was her "please pet me" face! :)

      Delete
  2. Love that you're babysitting a Lima bean plant. Can't wait for link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sushi--yes!

    I love how that bean stalk is just kind of taking over. Climbing plants are so fun, though. You're sweet for plant sitting.

    Relax this weekend, you deserve it. :D I look forward to linking up with you on monthly favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is taking over! I keep having to unwind it from our blinds. :-p Hope I get to relax some! And yay! I'm so glad you'll be joining us :) I look forward to reading your post!

      Delete
  4. I love that you are watching your 10 year old neighbors plant, how sweet is that? Going to her site to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plant sitting!!!! So cute. Going to Mia's blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well anything with sushi makes me happy! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you sweet friend, thank you so much for sharing our story and for all your continued prayers and support! Means the world to me girl :) PS- Riley is PRECIOUS, I love that you're plant sitting and so excited about our link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lima bean plant is going crazy! Mine never got that big when I was a kid.
    I read Mia's brothers story and it's so sad. I can image the unknown is so frustrating and scary.
    And Riley is so stinking cute.
    Excited for your new link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had sushi in forever and I am craving it in the absolute worst way!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had no clue what Rummikub was. Had to google it. I still don't know what it is lol, but I'm glad you had fun...I've never thought of planting lima beans. It's cool your neighbor trusted you to take care of it. I've managed to kill all my succulents in <2 months, so I probably won't be plant sitting anytime soon ahaha. but I bought two new plants on Sunday, and I'm hopeful these will be around longer. I finally got around to watering them today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness! Thank you for sharing Mia's blog. CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out the story! It is! I'm just praying like crazy for their family!

      Delete
  12. Your five on Friday are always so interesting.

    That's one crazy lima bean plant! Wow! Our beans and peas are growing like crazy but they're outdoors. So sweet that you're plant-sitting.

    Your pup... Riley is SO cute.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing blog! Follow for follow? xx

    vogue-berry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!