Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wedding Story: Getting Ready & First Look



{GETTING READY}

Getting ready for my wedding was actually really relaxing and fun!  The girls and I got ready in Kevin's (now mine) house because there was a lot of room.  My awesome friends, Jennifer and Tracy, provided the food and the drinks.  Mmmmm mimosas!  I really need to get Jennifer's corn dip recipe...it was to die for!


Be jealous of my Turbie Twist - it's the bomb!  I seriously have to take it on trips with me, because I can no longer stand using a normal towel.  

My future sister-in-law (hehe....they're not engaged, I just know they'll be married someday) did my hair and make-up and did a great job!  She's talented!

Both my sweet sister-in-law (other one) and a sweet friend that I grew up with bought me the monogrammed over-sized white button-up shirts for the wedding day.  I wore both a different times and LOVED them! Why didn't I take a good close-up of both, dang it?!

Getting dressed at the venue was fun.  My AMAZING friend, Liz, was super helpful!  She got me in my boots which was a difficult task, buttoned me up AND did my bustle after the ceremony.


Great ones of the guys...


haha....a shoe shine?!

a little pretty-ceremony massage...funny guys!

{FIRST LOOK}

Kevin and I decided to do a "first look" before the ceremony for two reasons.  1) We wanted the first time we saw each other to be intimate and personal with no others around.  I was afraid I'd cry, but I freakishly didn't.  I'm such a crier...anyone who knows me knows that so I think I overtaken with the surreal aspect of it all.  2) We wanted the bridal party photos to be taken ahead of time so that our guests didn't have to wait 10 years for the reception to start.  We wanted to get our dance on!


I had written a letter to Kevin and he bought me a Bible with my new name.  It was an extremely special moment!

To catch up on my wedding posts...


Linking up with Nancy J and Meredith!

Love Always Nancy J


14 comments:

  1. The more wedding pictures I see the more I am loving the first look pictures. You looked gorgeous in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely went back and forth on it. I'm so glad that we ended up doing it! It was worth it :) Thank you so much, Kendra!! You're sweet :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I love that you saw each other in private before the ceremony... how special.

    I have a Turbie Twist too! I love it! It helps my hair dry quickly and keeps it out of my face while I'm getting ready.

    Thanks for sharing this lovely glimpse into your special day.

    Wishing you a blessed day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so gorgeous! I loved the getting ready part too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! The turbo twist crack me up! I have SO many of those and it is my staple - take it with me wherever I go and I don't care who sees me in it :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that he brought you a bible! so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, such memories! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I'll have to check that turbo twist thing out. We didn't do a first look. I wanted the first time Kellen saw me to be when I was walking down the aisle. I didn't cry the whole ceremony, and I'm a big cry baby too!
    So sweet he bought you a Bible with your married name. Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous photos! Your dress is stunning! A low back was one of the things I wanted the most in my dress but I wasn't able to find any! We did a first look as well and it was one of my favorite parts of the entire day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I LOVE all these photos! Your dress was stunning girl! You were a beautiful bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these pictures!! I got married in march, and the "getting ready" was some of the best fun of the whole day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photographs are just stunning!! This wedding looks so charming. The wedding gown took my heart away. I wish I could also get such pretty dress for my destination wedding. I am going to book one of most beautiful wedding venues for my big day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!