Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wedding Story: DIY



I love Pinterest.  Pinterest gave me so many ideas for my wedding and I'll be doing a Pinterest Wedding post soon, but today, I want to show you everything that we made ourselves.  If it was associated with a pin from Pinterest, I'll give you the link!

Since I wasn't blogging back then, nor did I really have the time to think about it, I didn't take many/any photos of us making these things.  I wish I had!

{TABLE CENTERPIECES}



Pretty much our whole table centerpieces were made by us!

Burlap squares: My mom bought burlap from Joanne Fabrics when it was on sale and just cut them up into these squares.

Wood slices: First, we borrowed about 14 of these from our friends who had used them in their wedding.  We covered them in polyurethane to keep them from rotting.  Then my mom and stepdad used an already cut down tree, sliced it up and put polyurethane on them.  #2 below has a step by step tutorial.

Pinspiration:

1 / 2 / 3

Jute wrapped wine bottles: This was probably my favorite part!  I spent hours making about 30 of these and ended up selling them to the venue after because they loved them so much.  I just used the photo below to learn how to make them.

Pinspiration:

{link was broken}

Succulents: My dad spent months growing about 20 succulents like the one you see above.  I'm so glad I have a dad that loves horticulture!  That's what he studied in college! :)

Pinspiration:

1 / 2 / 3

Decorated mason jars: My friends and I spent some fun time together decorating about 60 mason jars for the tables.  Here is a photo I took of them after the wedding:


Pinspiration:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Baby's Breath: I just bought some baby's breath in bulk from Sam's which totally saved money and looked great!

{BASEBALL OREO BALLS}

I just loved having these little baseball oreo balls in place of a groom's cake.  We all know that Kevin is in love with baseball so it was perfect!



I've made oreo balls for years with a recipe that a co-worker gave me a long time ago!  Then I just experimented with how to make them look like baseballs.  I used half chocolate oreos, half golden oreos, cream cheese, vanilla almond bark and red candy melts for the baseball stitching.

Pinspiration:


{BOUQUETS & BOUTONNIERES}

My mom and aunt made these bouquets and boutonnieres!  Aren't they amazing?!  I wish I could tell you how to make them but I guess it's their little secret.  I have no idea!




Pinspiration:
#2 is a how-to!

1 / 2

{SHAKERS}

These were used by our guests during the grand exit.  It was really cute and there was no mess! :)  We bought dowel rods and cut them in half, bought lace and all kinds of ribbon and then bought little gold jingle bells.  My mom and her friends made these for me which I really appreciated!   


Pinspiration:


I hope you enjoyed that!  It really did save me a lot of money and we had a blast making everything!

Love Always Nancy J

14 comments:

  1. love it all, we did a lot of similar things for sure! how awesome is that the venue bought your bottles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so amazing! i love pinterest, but i must confess i'm not talented / crafty at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already told you, but seriously your wedding was gorgeous. Pinterest is THE best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge DIYer!!! I've even done a couple of these...just not for a wedding! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE how you did all of the mason jars a little differently!!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! Beautiful example of how DIY projects can be elegant & perfect for weddings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We had fun making everything and I was so pleased with how it all turned out! It definitely saved us money too :)

      Delete
  7. I could totally go for a baseball oreo right about now. Those are presh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all! Those shakers are so fun. I did mason jars like that for A's first birthday.
    And your bouquet! Just gorgeous! I live weddings with a personal touch. Beautiful Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous details! I love going to weddings where there are lots of DIY touches

    ReplyDelete
  10. the details are just too cute!!!! love those burlap wrapped vases!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is breathtaking! I love, love, love it! I wish pinterest had been around when I was getting married!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You know, it was a good thing at times and a bad thing at times. It's so helpful though with all of the DIY ideas. I'm not creative but I can execute something well!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!