Monday, May 12, 2014

Euro Trip: Innsbruck, Austria

First things first...today I'm featured on Flowers in my Hair!  I'd love for you to go check it out! :)

I can already tell that I'll be writing these travel posts for a while!  I hope you like reading them and seeing the photos.  Originally, I thought I'd be able to do all of Europe in one post....HA!


Today I'm talking about Austria, our next stop on my study abroad trip that I took in college about 10 years ago.  To catch up on the first two stops, read about Rome HERE and Florence HERE.

{INNSBRUCK, AUSTRIA}

The "business" part of this trip was a presentation by an Austrian tourist group so it was a pretty fun city!  The main thing I remember from this trip was all of the sausage and potatoes in Austrian food.  AND this was the first time I went to a McDonald's (I never go here but I'm pretty sure I was craving American french fries at this point) that charges for ketchup packets.  Since this trip, I've learned that they do that in about every foreign McDonald's.





{PARAGLIDING}






{LANTERN HIKE}

This easy hike was pretty fun.  The whole group went.  We hiked through ski routes from the Winter Olympics when they were in Innsbruck up to a little cabin where these Austrian guys yodeled for us.  It was a hoot!










I'd really love to go back to Austria and explore a little more!  It's one of the most beautiful places that I've ever been.  Hope you enjoyed the photos!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my these pics are gorgeous! Those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are absolutely breathtaking!!!! They charge for ketchup???? I wonder why that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austria is beautiful so lush and green!! Going to check out your post on Rome - I studied abroad there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful city! I've only been to Salzburg, but would love to see more of Austria. I love this travel series Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures!! I LOVE EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like so much fun, thanks for sharing! when i left, they weren't charging for 'ketchup' at mcdonalds in Aus so there's a fun fact ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having a hard time sleeping tonight I really enjoyed your photos. I was just reading your blog and I was like wow photos made me smile. Thank you I hope you have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Can you remember the crazy hospital/taxi experience in Innsbruck when you sweet girls took me to get taken care of?! I thought our cabbie was going to kill someone right in the middle of the street! And then that really nice family who took us to our hotel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I thought of that, Kelley! Hahaha. That was crazy! Remember we couldn't find anyone to help us and then when we did, he gave you a form in German and you didn't know what you were signing? Ha! Thankfully you got stuff to make you better!

      Delete
  9. Well, I have to keep going...remember htat poor girl who fell on here paragliding take off and scraped up her knees? She was so traumatized by it (rightfully so)! And remember Raj getting "over served" on the lantern hike and he was singing something like "step on a crack and you'll break your mama's back!" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep :( Poor girl...Amanda maybe?? Haha oh Dr. Raj...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!