Friday, May 16, 2014

5 on Friday!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
April / Natasha / Christina / Darci


Whew!  We made it through the work week!  I hope yours was great!  Mine has been good...minus my allergies still killing me.  That leads me into #1 this week though...

{ONE}

So I've been on a journey to learn more about essential oils.  I've been researching Young Living as well as doTERRA and have come to the conclusion that they both have a great product and are both much better alternatives to medicine.  It'll probably just come down to cost for me.  I met with a friend this week to talk about YL and went to a doTERRA party last week and feel a little more educated on both companies now.  I'm ready to start them though!



{TWO}

Last weekend, my hubby and I went to a Texas Rangers game and got to tailgate ahead of time.  We had a blast!  BBQ, cornhole, ladder golf, perfect.



{THREE}

This is so not exciting for you, but it is for us!!!  In our attempt to fix our allergy problems, we decided to get a new mattress!  We've been sleeping on my 9 year old bed that is actually still in pretty good shape, but they say that after that long, it's got all kinds of gross stuff in it that can irritate your sinuses.

This will be a first for both of us - a king sized bed!!  Woo hoo!  Moving on up in the world!  More space for spreading out!  Yay for better sleep!



{FOUR}

Last week, I found the coolest site for creating your own free printable cards!  It's called Greetings Island.  You can browse a ton of card templates for all occasions and then customize it.  I found a cute template for my friend/seester, Haley's birthday and added her name on the front and then put a personalized message inside.


I didn't have an envelope with me so I just printed out a really cute blue/white polka dot one and followed the instructions for cutting and gluing/taping.


Voila!  Cute, personalized, unique birthday card!


Both my sister and my "seester" turned 26 in the last week!  Happy birthday Penny and Haley!


{FIVE}

This weekend, me, my hubby and our neighbors are having a BBQ for our entire neighborhood!  We're super stoked!  We've been wanting to get to know our neighbors, but it's not easy when everyone parks behind their houses and rarely come out front.  In order to love people like Christ does, you have to know them!  Mission trips to Africa are great, but HEY people in our own neighborhood need Christ.  No we're not sitting them down to watch the Jesus video, we're just forming relationships :)


Have a fabulous weekend, my lovely friends!!! XOXOXO


20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic week (minus the allergies issues - I'm still coping with the same too! I'll continue to pray for ya, Kelli ;)) Hooray for a new KING size bed!! That'll be wonderful! (: Love the cute snapshot of you and your hubby at the Rangers game! So glad you two had such a fun time tailgating and cheering for your favorite team!! Thanks for sharing about Greetings Island! Can't wait to check it out :) Happy, Happy Birthday to your sister AND your "seester"!! Hope they both enjoyed a special one! (Random side note: I adore the polka dot covered envelope - so cute!!) Happy {almost} weekend, friend! Have fun at the neighborhood cookout (: xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love your king size bed. We got one about a year ago, and it has been the BEST EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that card site, how neat! Welcome to the king size mattress club, it's AMAZING :) Have fun this weekend, wish I was part of your neighborhood haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you are having a neighborhood party!! What a great thing to do! Love that you got a new mattress - not fun purchasing, but always great after :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH! A make your own card site is completely right up my alley! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant even wait to have a king size bed!! I love the cards that you made - so personalized and perfect! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love so much of this post! yay tailgating! and king size bed? jealous, girl we are still in a full. i'd be happy with a queen! lol. and i love that bedding haha. hilarious. have fun at your bbq! i want that envelope, just the envelope haha. maybe i can use it as a clutch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that site is amazing. word to number five. and i can't imagine a king sized bed. okay i can, i sometimes sleep with my baby sis and stepmom but my babe sis literally sleeps horizontal with her head/feet on me and her head/feet on her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're liking the oils! We'll have to chat more about them (or I guess I could do some research).
    So excited your getting a new bed! We just new mattresses last year, but still queen size. Our photo would be the total opposite of that. :)
    That website is awesome! What a great idea!
    And I love that you guys are hosting a neighborhood BBQ (even if you may be moving). We need to do that here.
    Have a great weekend my dear!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so intrigued with essential oils! I keep saying I want to start using them but then I dig into it and am confused after 5 minutes! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, Bekah! That's why I keep going back and forth on the companies. I do believe that oils work though. I've used 4 of them and seen results so I think it's worth it. :)

      Delete
  11. I am just loving your blog friend! I need to do this 5 on Friday thing too! What a fun way to encompass all the randomness from your week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ash! Yeah you should! It's fun :) I get to talk about the random things that I probably wouldn't do a whole post on! Miss you, friend!

      Delete
  12. I love your blog Kelli - just followed! ♥
    Would love if you checked out mine sometime too so we can stay in touch!

    AIMEROSE

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome that you could just print your own envelope!! Hope your BBQ went well!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A neighborhood bbq sounds so fun!! And I am totally checking out that card website. Can you say ADORABLE and so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BBQ was so much fun!! We got to know a lot of our neighbors and everyone wants to do something regularly so we're excited! Yeah, that website was awesome...I'm going to be using it again for sure. :)

      Delete
  15. So awesome! I love this post!

    Essential oils are awesome. Rosemary, lavender, tea tree and peppermint are my personal favourites!

    That card site is awesome! I just can't justify buying cards from the store anymore, so I often make mine. This is fabulous!

    A BBQ?! You guys are awesome! I wish I lived in your neighbourhood!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for baseball games! Im a cardinals fan, but any baseball game is good :)

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that sheet set! I think my husband would agree they are very fitting for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!