Friday, May 30, 2014

5 on Friday Randomness

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
April / Natasha / Christina / Darci

It's Friday, my friends and I'm ready for the weekend!  We're getting a little camping in with our small group and we're pumped!

{ONE}

Last Friday was my coworker's birthday and I wanted to do a little something special for her.  Normally I make a Mix and Match Mama Bundt Cake for my coworkers' birthdays, but since she's being super healthy right now, I refrained. Instead, I made this cute pennant banner (Pinterest find!) and framed a cute (free) printable that I found HERE.  She loved it!  (Sorry I just have iPhone photos this week)




{TWO}

I made this Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast and Red Pepper Quinoa for my friend when she came over to watch the Bachelorette.  It was delicious, easy and healthy!  And of course we had some wine!


{THREE}

We finally chose a granite for our kitchen counters!!!  We're having them installed in a couple weeks.  I'll be sure to post before and after photos once it's all done.  We're excited about how the kitchen will look!

granite yards....fun...

{FOUR}

Last weekend at my parents' house, my sister and I were going through old photos that we hadn't seen before.  We found this one of my mom's mother and stepfather.  I never got to meet my grandmother because she passed away when my mom was 16.  I so wish I could have met her.  I think my mom's pretty amazing so I'd imagine that my grandmother was pretty awesome.  Isn't she beautiful?!


{FIVE}

I recently bought these three nail polishes.  I have the Tart Deco on my toes now!  Love them!

Essie Tart Deco / Essie Bikini So Teeny / Loreal Royalty Reinvented

How was your week?!  Any fun weekend plans?

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful picks for the week!

    You are such a sweet coworker! Really, so thoughtful.

    Love the look of the counters! Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the final look.

    That photo of your grandparents is pretty swell too. I love the look of old photos.

    Lastly, the nail polish... FUNKY!

    I hope you have a lovely weekend. We might make an excursion out to the lake and enjoy the sunshine!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal looks amazing! I love asparagus! I just pinned the Teeny Bikini color! You are *forcing* me to make a Target run! Darn it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's so what happens to me when I see other posts about nail polish! :) Clothes too but those are pricier! :-p

      Delete
  3. yum asparagus! and i want all those essie colours. and i love the frame with the little things print, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just the nicest co-worker!! I have all three of those colors :) Love the granite that you went with - can't wait to see the final product!! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! Can I come over and watch the bachelorette with you?? Sounds awesome!

    Now following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet are you to decorate! Love the decor - and great view from the building!!! I really like the granite, picking out granite is not easy, so glad it's over with :) Love the nail polish too!!! I'm addicted to nail polish! See you tonight wahoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that view you have! Wow! You are a sweet co-worker. At my last job we used to decorate people's desks and do a big potluck. Not so much at the new job. But we do do coffee and treats, ha!
    Love those colors. Super springy/summery!
    And yes to the granite!!!! Can't wait to see the final product!

    Have fun camping my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love l'oreal polishes-- that purple looks so pretty! I love stuffed chicken recipes-- my husband will especially love one that uses asparagus! Thank you for sharing! Your DIY banners turned out so great for the birthday party! I've wanted to try one of Mix & Match Mama's bunt cakes for a while now! Have you made any of them before?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tart deco looks so fun and that photo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The decorations look so cute! That chicken looks delicious! Have fun camping :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new nail polishes! I may have to pick up Tart Deco for myself! And doesn't Mix and Match Mama have the best recipes?! I just got a bundt cake pan and can't wait to try some of them - they all look sooo good! Have a great weekend and have fun camping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So thoughtful and sweet to celebrate your coworkers birthday! I'm sure you totally made her day! And that asparagus stuffed chicken looks A-MAZing! I want a bite of it.....RIGHT NOW!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kell! Yet again I feel the need to jump on the 5 on Friday bandwagon! Love love love that chicken recipe. I should plan a trip to the big D to give you a reason to make it again and pour me a glass!!! And I am thinking I need to also jump on the bundt cake wagon even though I am a hard core cupcake lover:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash! It's a good bandwagon to be on :-p Do it! Oh my gosh I would love it if you came here...I would cook you anything you want and have wine too! Would absolutely LOVE to see you! Let me know when you're here next for sure :) And yes, those bundt cakes are awesome. Her recipes are so easy and delicious! They have little bundt cake "cupcake" pans...I thought about buying one. You use the same recipes for them!

      Delete
  14. that chicken looks amazing, we're going to have to give it a go!!! Our weekend is going to be spent studying, we have our finals coming up, so we're going to be chaine,d to our textbooks for the next few weeks:(

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it! It's so simple and tastes great :) I have to change up my chicken often...I get so bored with it. Eek! Good luck studying...I most certainly don't miss that :-p I'm sure you'll do great on your finals with all of this studying!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!